Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delhi's Donkey

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Re: Delhi's Donkey

Permane
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

The stewards for doing their best to be killjoys.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears
    And whoever is supposed to regulate pollution in the region around the Buddh track. The air certainly didn't look like it lacked sufficient thickness and taste.
    Delhi is renowned for it's fog. It can last for weeks and months.
    Last year from Delhi to the Himalayas, fog from December well into January. In some partsof UP, you literally couldn't see the sun for a month.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

Kimi, for actually being very rude on the radio to Alan Permane, and in the way that he drove Grosjean off the track.

I lost some respect for Kimi today.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    Kimi, for actually being very rude on the radio to Alan Permane, and in the way that he drove Grosjean off the track.

I lost some respect for Kimi today.
    I wouldn't attack Kimi for what he said to Permane since one can understand that he must have been extremely frustrated at that stage of the race. You can't expect everyone to talk sense when they have been driving a F1 car for an hour and a half.

That said, I've always found Kimi to be an unlikeable character and sometimes. I've never understood why people would praise him over lines such as "I was having a sh*t" or "yeah, yeah, I know what I'm doing" - and I remember Pedro de la Rosa claiming how Kimi would throw in the F-word when talking to an engineer. I don't know - people might like him for this, but for me, he just has too big a mouth. Being a bit detached can be cool but Kimi usually goes further than that and he's just unpleasant.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts

For me the primary donkeys are the stewards. Both during qualification and the race a lot of drivers were going 4 wheels off on a regular basis, and not just barely off in most cases. Some drivers were almost creating new lines outside the curbs.

IMO if you are racing, be it for position or time, the penalty should apply to the rule. It was obvious drivers were taking very wide lines and going 4 wheels off intentionally and on a regular basis. Why they would impose the rule only when it comes to the actual pass it stupid.

As for Kimi's strategy, some of the race calls had me wondering if that decision wasn't made on the fly.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Delhi is renowned for it's fog. It can last for weeks and months.
    Last year from Delhi to the Himalayas, fog from December well into January. In some partsof UP, you literally couldn't see the sun for a month.
    pretty much...although this looked too early for the typical foggy winter of Delhi area...Driving is a hazardous thing at the best of times in N. India and especially in the post monsoon times..Most trains/flights get hit every year as well.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Kimi...WTF was he thinking? Must have been dreaming of the cold one he was gonna have after the race!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Lotus - For non-existent strategy first for Romain and then Kimi .. He has taken up the Lotus from the middle class team to a state of the team ... and then some id**t is screaming at him - really weak ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Lotus would have to be the prime donkey in India for me. Letting Kimi stay out so long on his tyres and become a sitting duck is just amateur IMO. I could see why Kimi might be frustrated to see Romain attacking him when he knew how far back he had started. I doubt Kimi would intentionally run his team mate off the track though, so the donkey goes to the team for me rather than the driver.