Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Delhi's Donkey

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Re: Delhi's Donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Secondly , he risked not making the weight standard by at the end by spinning off the marble pick-up , and hopefully not too closely .
    Not to mention the few extra ounces he lost by throwing his gloves into the crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    That said , though , my idea would be thus :
    The FIA brings a special pad to races such as this one , where the championship could be won , and it is reserved for only the winner to do donuts upon .
    It would only take a moment to change to a new set of rear tires on the way to the smoke show , and the race set could be saved for parc ferme conditions .

The pad could then be saved for posterity and displayed somewhere to showcase the champions .
    I can picture them on a building somewhere , graphically saving the moment .

In F1 terms , I don't even think it would cost that much to do .
    I'd sell the idea cheap , Bernie .
    Yes, I think F1 could definitely do something more to celebrate the winning of the championship. Currently they don't even award the championship trophy in front of the fans.

The British Superbike championship has made some effort in this area in the last couple of years. At the end of the slowing-down lap, the championship winning rider gets directed along the start/finish straight instead of into the pit lane, past air cannons full of confetti and into a scrum of media and celebrating team members. It's nice to have a bit of a show like that in front of the crowds in the grandstands I think. However they do have the advantage of a championship format that almost guarantees it will go down to the last round, so they only need to have it set up at one venue.

Maybe it's right to play things safe and not hand out the silverware until December. This is F1 after all - the championship winner could yet be DQ'ed or retrospectively penalised for an illegal car, spying scandal or other such nonsense!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

For me it is the Lotus man Permane.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I have read that Red Bull have been fined for Vettels doughnuts and celebration on the pit-straight.

An iconic image of the whole F1 season. Is a fine really needed?
    I keep thinking about this incident. Was it not a great sight to see Seb celebrating the way the superbike guys do

I loved it, pity the FIA council have small penises and even smaller brains to fine him
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not to say that Kimi wasn't the donkey of India, but in retrospect it is a bit hard to be accused by the team "not being a team player" when the situation is like this:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/11/01/r ... -not-paid/

Behind the scenes stuff may have affected Kimi's attitude towards Permane and the team. If the above is true, it makes Eric Boullier a liar, because earlier he said that Kimi has been paid late - as Kimi here says he has not been at all.

Unfortunate for all parties - we'll see if this is the last race of Kimi this season.