Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Re: Kimi of the race

Kimi, Alonso and Seb.

Sebastien's pace was frightening. He was ridiculously quick and two seconds a lap quicker than the others at times. The championship is his now. Ferrari have not given Alonso the car they needed this year. It's a shame. Hopefully next year will see a more competitive order.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

I don't normally vote for the race winner after they have qualified on pole, but Vettel was awesome, how he could be 2 seconds per lap faster than anyone else is mind boggling! It is easy to say 'Ah, but he does have the best car.' but that doesn't really do him any justice, simply astonishing.

Kudos also to Alonso for the usual reasons and Kimi. But also a mention to Grosjean, he was outstanding all weekend and was robbed of a podium by a slightly strange car problem.

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Massa.

For well and truly showing the world that Alonso is nothing special and has been gifted everything. Do you hear? EVERYTHING!!!!

Oooh, a giant pink McLaren?

What are these mushrooms called, again?
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    I don't normally vote for the race winner after they have qualified on pole, but Vettel was awesome, how he could be 2 seconds per lap faster than anyone else is mind boggling! It is easy to say 'Ah, but he does have the best car.' but that doesn't really do him any justice, simply astonishing.
    +1

For sure, the Red Bull is no Trabant, but that lad can shift.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    I switched it off before the podium celebrations, wha did brundle as t the crowd after they booed vettel?
    When they booed. Brundle said something along the lines of "Come on, that's not needed/right" While wagging his finger.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5

Kudos also to Alonso for the usual reasons and Kimi. But also a mention to Grosjean, he was outstanding all weekend and was robbed of a podium by a slightly strange car problem.
    This is spot on.

Many times its just dull, but he was so brilliant today. Despite the domination it was one of the only things to marvel at for the first half of the race.

Today the epic combo of Vettel & Red Bull made the other drivers and teams look like muppets.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

I still think it was more the car than Vettel. I give him credit for being on point and being quick, But I refuse to believe that on pure skill he is 2 seconds a lap better than the rest. The RBR is in a different league right now and before the usual folks start complaining about my bias and pointing out that Webber in equal machinery is proving otherwise, I would kindly point out that Webber's car is usually compromised for one reason or another, and he is also proving more than ever that it was time he left F1. Simply put, if kimi, Alonso or Hamilton were in that 2nd RBR car with "fair" conditions, I sincerely doubt vettel would be this dominant.

Despite all that said, I still think Alonso has a solid chance to challenge Vettel Down the line. He would need help, of course, but (and I can't believe I am saying this) It would be a welcomed change to see him take the WDC. This isn't about hatred towards vettel, its more for seeing an absolutely dominant car be challenged and beaten. building a 3 second gap in one lap after a safety car and comfortably being 2 seconds a lap faster than the competition without breaking a sweat is down to the car, and one built completely around a good driver in vettel.

So here's to alonso hopefully delivering some drama in the final races.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I still think it was more the car than Vettel. I give him credit for being on point and being quick, But I refuse to believe that on pure skill he is 2 seconds a lap better than the rest.
    It wasn't the car - it were the tyres. Vettel had an additional set of supersofts due to his Q3 gamble, so he was the only one not running in tyre preservation mode. Both Kimi and Alonso were on super-long stints on medium tyres, while Vettel could stomp on it, knowing he had another brand-spanking new set of tyres to use. It's no suprise that the second fastest lap came from Sutil and was only about 1.2 seconds slower than Vettel's - everyone else went Greenpeace on tyre preservation. So if anything, it's Pirelli to blame for it.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts

for me it has to be Vettel, what a glittery helmet

he kind of won me over today - no, of course he is not 2 seconds a lap quicker than the others on his own, but he can only do the best job with the tools he is provided with, and he was stunningly fast today, yet at no point appeared on the edge. he undoubetdly has the ability to wring more speed than anyone else out of their car at the moment, although i also think Red Bull showed their pace here today more than anywhere, whereas normally he may have moved into a comfortable lead and maintained, he pushed for longer to avoid safety cars and unexpected pit stops and as a result was utterly dominant.

Alonso again put himself in a position the car probably didn't deserve, and Kimi drove a stormer through the pack. I also though, but for the saftey car, Rosberg was brilliant and in a race devoid of Vettel he was also dominating and controlling the field, but it all wnet a bit wrong after that when stuck behind the late or non-stopping cars
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

Seb was in a class of his own yesterday. The guy is pure class, maybe even better then The Shoe was at his peak? As good as Alonso and Kimi etc were, they have nothing on Seb!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.