Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Re: What's happened? Why has the forum changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco
    Well, I'm late with the condolences and the thank you. Sorry that this happened o you Mark. The new layout looks great though. But, I'm not like most of the users here in that I am really illiterate when it comes to the internet. Why would someone do this? Baffling!
    Mostly because they can. Although mostly gone are the days when people did this for fun. Mostly it's to allow for spamming etc.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spafranco
    Why would someone do this?
    Why peoples write bad words on a wall or break a window? IMHO same logic

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

First, I want to thank Mark for keeping these forums alive. While so many others that I used to frequent have either died or fallen into a sad state, this one is still alive and vibrant. With MyFace, SpaceBook and Tweeter being so popular, it seems like all forums have suffered. But people do still come here, just not in the numbers that they used to, I think. But that's true of all forums, I believe. Considering the time and effort that Mark has put into it over the years, and the challenges he's faced, this site surely must be a labor of love, more so than money or fame - although I hear he is pretty darn famous (in his house: Daddy's home and he's got presents!!!).

And this isn't really a complaint, more a question of what might be coming. Since the change-over, I've noticed that several of the features that we had on the old board now no longer seem to work, like the ability to easily post Youtube, etc. videos and the ability to hover my mouse over a thread and see portions of the OP. Just seems like this software is much more basic in its functionality. If this type of software is easier to manage and control, then I understand. I'm good either way, but I have to admit, I found the other version of the board to be more fun to interact with.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

The main issue has been that we needed to completely change the forum software in order to get rid of the virus. But; going back to vBulletin would require everyone to have to reset their password - a sure fire way to make sure nobody comes back! If that could be resolved then we could go to vBulletin.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't seem to get email notification of activity on the topic I'm subscribed to, any more.

Is this a problem resulting from the changes or some other problem?

tia

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts

I have the opposite problem right now. It seems I can't turn off email notifications!

Does anyone have any fix for this? Short of not allowing email access at all I haven't found it.