Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Hamilton and Hulkenberg. Was watching the last 20 laps on board with him and Hamilton was ringing the neck of that car. It was incredible to watch. Amazing driver.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Paul di Resta.

Not really, just wanted to liven up the thread so it was more interesting than the race

Honest answer: Hamilton. He messed up qualifying and had a poor opening few laps but boy oh boy did he make up for it later in the race. The same could also be said for Kimi.

Honourable mention too for Alonso and Webber who yet again found themselves wheel-to-wheel yet fought cleanly and with mutual respect.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Paul di Resta.

Not really, just wanted to liven up the thread so it was more interesting than the race

Honest answer: Hamilton. He messed up qualifying and had a poor opening few laps but boy oh boy did he make up for it later in the race. The same could also be said for Kimi.

Honourable mention too for Alonso and Webber who yet again found themselves wheel-to-wheel yet fought cleanly and with mutual respect.
    The Boss looked faster than he actually was because he stopped twice, and was out of pit sequence. Kimi to a lesser degree because he stopped on lap 2, but that is actuall 5-8 less laps on his tires considering quali and warm up, which you would expect to provide for some passing, but where did it actually get them? In fairness to both however Monza is not the best track to make a charge through the field
    May the forza be with you

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    however Monza is not the best track to make a charge through the field
    That's true. The only times in recent-ish years we have seen charges through the field in Italy in when refuelling was around or a car was way faster.

Off the top of my head Zonta in 2000 ran light and charged through the field all day and another was 2004 when Schumi & Rubens fell back and still finished 1-2.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Re: Driver/(Making F1 a duller sport) of the Race.

The top 5 cars were pretty good.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts

Hulkenberg. He did a great job.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Would have to say Hulk, awesomely good in qualifying and kept a pretty poor car in the top five. Approaching the first corner aside the Vet was again faultless (possibly quite easy to look this good when there is no pressure?) Alonso did his usual demo on how to make a tractor look like a GP car. Last few laps for Ham were good but the first 40 or so and qualifying were missing. Di Resta for crashing and actually owning up to his mistake.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

I only saw the second half of the race and there was only one guy racing his a$$ off.
    Hamilton
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Re:

Hulk was the only stand out on Sunday. Qualified in the top 5 and finished in the top 5 as best of the rest. In the right circumstances I think Hamilton would have finished P5.

Can't see the fuss over Seb. The writing was on the all in FP2 when he was the only driver to do a run in the 1m27s

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B

As entertaining LH's drive it still feels like a let down and a GP to forget and seemingly played his part in handing the WDC on a plate to Seb.

I can't say I was impressed by Webber at all - moving around in the braking zone, looking like he wanted to bang wheels/run Alonso off the road.