Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lol, what an ass...

Show of hands for those thinking this was one step short of a "hiding behind the bed" Scott Wimmer situation. I'd give at least 50/50 odds he was drunk. If not, why would he leave the scene?

Either way, this is further proof the guy can't drive. I've driven over 24 hours straight by myself with no stops but for fueling, you don't fall asleep behind the wheel unless you're inept OR stupid.

Parlaying a ride with DEI into a career as a roving mouth/spokesman $25 million dollars.

Parlaying said spokesmanship into Toyota Team ownership $100 million dollars.

Falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing, while being the biggest Cup embarrassment in decades? Priceless.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleel
    Michael Waltrip Charged After Vehicle Accident Saturday
    The Highway Patrol says Waltrip was driving about 70 miles per hour in the 55 mile-per-hour zone when he went off the right side of the road in a curve around 1:50 a.m. Saturday. Troopers said a witness saw Waltrip crawl out of the vehicle and leave the scene.
    My vote goes for drunk driving.
    Can Mikie say kiss my career good bye?
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets wait for all the facts to come out before accusing Mikey of DUI. He is pretty lucky to escape uninjured though.
    Sadly certain people seem to dislike Mikey and I find the accusations thrown at him disappointing. If they are true then I will criticise him but until then he has my support - sure he shouldn't have left the scene but you don't always think rationally after doing something stupid.
    And for those that call Mikey the cups biggest joke. Remember he has won TWO Daytona 500s (one more than Dale Jr in the same team) and The Winston in 1996 for the Wood Brothers. I am sure MWR will turn it around as well.
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Toyota may even get the wreck to testify its safety.

Seriously, driving long hours at night is dangerous. When I drove into the wee hours for a friend's wedding, I stopped 7-8 times after 11 PM in order to rest because I was not confident in going without stopping.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
    Lol, what an ass...

Show of hands for those thinking this was one step short of a "hiding behind the bed" Scott Wimmer situation. I'd give at least 50/50 odds he was drunk. If not, why would he leave the scene?

Either way, this is further proof the guy can't drive. I've driven over 24 hours straight by myself with no stops but for fueling, you don't fall asleep behind the wheel unless you're inept OR stupid.

Parlaying a ride with DEI into a career as a roving mouth/spokesman $25 million dollars.

Falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing, while being the biggest Cup embarrassment in decades? Priceless.
    You gotta believe Toyota is about at the end of their patience. Mikey should be getting the "sell or we'll drop you" ultimatum pretty soon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboogityfan
    Lets wait for all the facts to come out before accusing Mikey of DUI.
    Yeah, it's a pretty low-down thing to do . . . . accusing someone of something so serious without any evidence.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    My vote goes for drunk driving.
    Can Mikie say kiss my career good bye?
    +1. The excuse Toyota and the sponsors were looking for. Years from, now he'll be just a sad footnote in NASCAR's history books.
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead... the wicked witch is dead...!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboogityfan
    Lets wait for all the facts to come out before accusing Mikey of DUI. He is pretty lucky to escape uninjured though.
    Sadly certain people seem to dislike Mikey and I find the accusations thrown at him disappointing. If they are true then I will criticise him but until then he has my support - sure he shouldn't have left the scene but you don't always think rationally after doing something stupid.
    And for those that call Mikey the cups biggest joke. Remember he has won TWO Daytona 500s (one more than Dale Jr in the same team) and The Winston in 1996 for the Wood Brothers. I am sure MWR will turn it around as well.
    Liking or disliking has no bearing on the fact that something in this whole deal smells like three day old fish. If you stretch hard enough you can twist yourself into any kind of rationalization for Mikey's fleeing the scene and hiding out. Simple logic and putting oneself in his shoes in the same situation spells avoiding a DUI.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
    Lol, what an ass...

Rammer~ Jammer ~Yellow Hammer ~
    Give 'em Hell Alabama!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some points have been submitted for consideration :
    1. DUI - I just don't buy that one ...
    2. Falling asleep at the wheel - Having had this occur to me I know it can happen.
    It comes from physical exhaustion & lack of sleep, it can happen to anyone.
    It has nothing to do with being "inept OR stupid".
    3. Losing his career and/or team - I don't see that happening, people have car accidents all the time.
    The main thing is that Michael wasn't injured.
    ================================================== =========
    Let me add something for people to think about :
    Hitting a telephone pole at 55+ mph is a hard jolt.
    (I know because I have hit a telephone pole myself)
    (I was temporarily disoriented & all I wanted to do was go home)
    I wouldn't be surprised that Michael may have suffered a concusion.
    Leaving the scene of an accident is understandable because it is traumatic.
    Michael wasn't fleeing, he had a natural need to be where he felt secure.
    Michael Waltrip didn't hide, to state otherwise is false.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D