Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow BriSCA F1 and F2 - Wimbledon, Sunday 15th April

Sunday night ‘thunder’ in Plough Lane!

SUNDAY 15th April 5.30.pm

THIS COMING Sunday 15th April at 5.30.pm the biggest BriSCA stock car racing event since Wembley on 1974 takes placein the Capital!

All roads from Mainland Europe, Ireland and all four corners of the UK descend upon Wimbledons’ PLOUGH LANE STADIUM for BriSCA Stock Car Racing action.
    Arguably the finest and most atmospheric stadium within European oval racing, Wimbledon is set to rock the capital with ground shaking action and entertainment!

The awesome horsepower BriSCA Formula One Stock Cars compete for vital World Championship points and the 2007 National Series where every round counts in the race for either Gold or Silver! This is looking set to produce to biggest entry of the 600bhp monsters for at least a decade! Reigning World Champion Andrew Smith is expected to make the trip from Lancashire as is his arch rival, multi champion winner Frankie Wainman Junior from Yorkshire, just two of a star studded entry.

Of bigger interest locally is the debut of BriSCA Formula Two Stock Cars at Wimbledon and their first appearance within the M25 for some 30 years!
    100 drivers have chased the 64 available entry slots - with big grids in all races.

Several Scottish names including World & Points Champion #7 Gordon Moodie and 647 Chris Burgoyne head a line up that is the absolute cream of BriSCA Stock Car Racing. A substantive Cornish entry is joined by several Dutch & Belgian entrants together with interest from Ireland. This is a huge event for race fans.

If all that wasn’t enough then the new Spedeworth Saloon Stock Cars finish off a full contact programme of awesome action with again big numbers of cars on track promised!

Admission Prices £15 Adults £12 Concessions £5 Child Under 5's FREE

WIMBLEDON STADIUM is situated on Plough Lane.

More details and regularly updated driver booking lists and info available on http://www.startrax.info
    ----------------

F1s also race at Northampton on Saturday 14th.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why do you have to cut and paste the whole details, why not just put in a link to the page.
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Dave. This info is not available as such on a page by itself. It is a Press Release which is forwarded to various media companies. I did originally gauge opinion HERE and got a generally positive response. I am not in the employ of BriSCA or Startrax, but simply a fan trying to spread the word to a wider audience. If there is a problem with posting these details here, I remain open to suggestions.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

I went to watch the Brisca F1s that you posted at sheffield,i expected a good turn out and there were just 11 cars it was rubbish!
    The future is always Oval

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    That was apparently because it was a non-points meeting. Now that the season proper has started you can expect a better turn-out.
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why advertise rubbish or are you steve rees?
    The future is always Oval

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Nope- don't even know who Steve Rees is and I haven't been to an English style stock car event since Aldershot Stadium closed. I was just pointing out what I had found by 5 mins of Googling.

I bet 11 F1's on a small oval is more exciting than 15 SCSA cars spaced out around Rockingham though!

If you think you've been misled I suggest you write to the organisers.
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Sheffield opener had some particular problems with F1 car numbers, mainly down to it being an out of season, non-points scoring meeting. However, where the F1s were lacking the F2s certainly made up for the action with around 55 cars for their World Qualifier.

There are currently 34 F1s booked in at Wimbledon tomorrow, along with 65 F2s.

I am not Steve Rees

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just watch yourselves folks...
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, even though this forum is entitled "scsa" we seen to have to put up with any thread that is remotely related to oval racing. I would'nt mind if the drivers were due to move up to scsa but all it seems is a plug for forthcomming meetings that only a small minority seem to be interested in.

If this sort of loosely related thread is acceptable how about this.....

Another form of racing that takes part on a banked oval is cycle racing. The most famous of cycle races is the Tour de France where the leader always wears a yellow jersey. Custard is yellow and the most popular brand of custard is Birds. Birds nest in trees which are used to make paper. The art of folding paper is called......Yep, lets start a thread about ORIGARMI!!!!!

Come on guys, if you want a short oval forum, start one, don't take over this one especialy as the new season is almost upon us. Lets keep the most o/t posts at least Rockingham related.

Oh, and Chris29 try http://www.startrax.info/nextmeet.htm#15wimb it is available on "a page as such" !!!
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )