Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    I'm not sure about 2016, but IMO when Mari is gone the property goes on the market.
    She has one foot in the grave and I agree. I'm guessing the sisters are itching to get their mitts on the cash.
    Don't waste your time having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancvino
    She has one foot in the grave and I agree. I'm guessing the sisters are itching to get their mitts on the cash.
    They have a much more reliable source of income separate from IMS. Clabber Girl - America's #1 Baking Powder

Clabber Girl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    If you're mismanaging one business, then my assumption is that you are, or will, mismanage any other business that you're engaged in. How "reliable" a source of income the Clabber Girl operation is, I do not know. I know nothing about the state of its operations or the state of its balance sheet. In fact, I didn't know that IMS was in such bad physical shape until I read the linked article.

Unlike the France family racing dynasty, the Hulman-George clan does not seem to be running over with business minded people in its ranks. They clearly know very little, if anything, about marketing. And they clearly know nothing about maintaining and (re)building a business that was once very successful. They seem to be on cruise control, living off the good efforts of past generations.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14
    They have a much more reliable source of income separate from IMS. Clabber Girl - America's #1 Baking Powder

Clabber Girl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yes it is the number one baking powder, but who uses baking powder these days?? It is a product with low margins and also not that big volumes. The yearly profits are estimated at only a couple of million. Not enough for Tony and the sisters plus the extended family to live on and certainly not enough to run the IRL...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who doesn't use baking powder?

If you're not buying it, you're probably buying foods that were made with it.

When you order pancakes in a restaurant, the pancakes were made with baking powder. When you buy muffins at the supermarket, the muffins were made with baking powder. When you buy prepackaged cake mix, the mix contains flour, salt, baking powder, and probably some type of fat.

I’ve heard of crazy diets, but never of people going out of their way to avoid chemically leavened foods. (Barring controversy as to whether chemical leavening is acceptable during Passover.)
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If CART had gotten into the baking power bidness, TOney would have destroyed Clabber Girl too