Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    I think that this is prettiest F1 car in the prettiest livery. It wins the all-time F1 beauty contest for my money:
    100% agree with you on this one. A stunning F1 car with great livery
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    As promised, the R18.

Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Maybe a little different. I thought this was a good-looking car. The Spirit-Honda of 1983.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

4. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ferrari 250 GTO Attachment 3187
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    don't know why but i always had a soft spot for the renault 11 turbo rally car

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ferrari 250 GTO Attachment 3190
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettian
    Ferrari 250 GTO Attachment 3190
    I just couldn't get my picture to appear, only a link! I don't know what I was doing wrong.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    I think that this is prettiest F1 car in the prettiest livery. It wins the all-time F1 beauty contest for my money:
    The Lotus 79 was a indeed a very nice looking car, but I think the JPS livery helped it. It didn't look quite the same the following season, when it was dark green with Martini and Essex Oil sponsorship. Attachment 3192 (sorry, still unable to post images directly to the page!)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My own choice of Formula 1 car is also a Lotus, but from a decade before the 79: the Lotus 49! Only the Racing Green, pre-Gold Leaf sponsorship colour scheme, though. Attachment 3193

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Aesthetically, purity, I'm suprised a wingless F1 car hasn't been mentioned earlier.

Apologies for another Auto Union. My father has owned Audis so its hard not to appreciate its history! this time the Type C

Although I disliked Senna immensely when I first got into F1 I was actually awestruck by the McLaren MP4/6 when looked at pictures of it in Autosport. Its a cliche that drivers were intimidated by the Marlboro livery and yellow helmet but even more so with the simplicity of the lines dart like nose which led to the arrowhead front wing appearance lent to much on the myth of Senna.

12. Likes: Fortitude (16th January 2022)