Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Are you kidding me? The first one was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The movie was so bad it made Armageddon almost watchable...almost. I actually fell asleep in the cinema watching Riddick. Sequels are usually worse than originals, so the sequel can probably used for death penalty.
    Someone's bad is another's good...and vice versa .

BTW, the first movie was Pitch Black ( which was good especially considering the puny budget ), The Chronicles of Riddick was the second one
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you want silly, crude humor go see the "To Do List" I especially liked the role reversal.

If someone invites you to go see Elisium I would forgive you if you shoot them. Holy crap is it bad. Matt Damon never was a great actor but damn he is about as animated as Michelangelo's David in this movie. And the Plot is just stupid......

"The Way, Way Back" is easily one of the best movies I have seen this year. Funny and moving at the same time and Kudos to Steve Carell for stepping outside his box of playing the buffoon.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    I've just finished watching an Austrian movie that was recommended by a friend who shares my taste in movies. It's called 'Paradies: liebe'' ( Paradise: love). The fact it was selected for Cannes film festival and the plot summary I've read on imdb sounded promising: 'On the beaches of Kenya they're known as "Sugar Mamas" -- European women who seek out African boys selling love to earn a living. Teresa, a 50-year-old Austrian and mother of a daughter entering puberty, travels to this vacation paradise. She goes from one Beach Boy to the next, from one disappointment to the next and finally she must recognize: On the beaches of Kenya love is a business''.

It's a good movie but I confess some of the scenes were shocking for me. Anyway I don't think anybody on this forum would like it.
    [YouTube]NFqk42beg7o[/YouTube]

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    My advise to everyone who was going to bother watching World War Z with Brad Pitt...total waste of time
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I REALLY want to see Rush. I just hope that it comes closer to Grand Prix or Winning than Driven (I've never liked Silly Stallone... and that horrible movie just cemented the feeling). The F1 fraternity seems to be praising Rush. So I expect it to be very good. Plus, Ron Howard is one heck of a director.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    The F1 fraternity seems to be praising Rush. So I expect it to be very good. Plus, Ron Howard is one heck of a director.
    Yes, there seem to be good vibes about it from both motorsport fraternities and film critics, which is very promising.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibQvQUpMTg

Looking forward to this. SOTD and Hot Fuzz were pretty good movies.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    For some reason the latest movies I've seen are remakes. Red Dawn, Totall Recall and Fright Night. All total waste of time and money. I really don't know why they make them, espeacially if the original one wasn't much of a success. I liked all of them as originals, allthou I have to admit that memories grow sweeter with time but they are still better than these remakes. And no, I didn't seen them in a theather. They were at tv.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    I saw a pretty hilarious movie (originally a tv-series) a couple of days ago. Extremely low budget but still very good.

Its called "Förmannen som försvann" and is featuring Svenne Rubins, Gösta Engström, Björn Skifs as well as many other well known Swedish profiles in smaller roles.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Haven't seen a Swedish movie since last century....
    And even those were oldies by Ingmar Bergman, Bo Widerberg and an ancient screen version of Hon dansade en sommar.