Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Jag, to set the record straight, I don’t think I have a clinical form of depression. In fact I need just ordinary things to switch my mood. The problem is that even these simple things don’t happen and I'm too sensitive. Not that I don’t try.
    But a good movie like that or even some nice talk like this mean a lot. Ironically, when I thought to reply to you I was ready to mention that even a win of Liverpool over the rival Man City would count. Looks like Steve Boyd has been reading my mind.
    Steve Boyd, I’m not a liverpudlian myself but I love this team to bits also since I was very young. I follow its matches in Premier League and Champions League and I really hope that this time it will be our year and we’ll win the title. YNWA!
    I watched last evening match and yes, it was like a oxygen balloon. However I think that what really really moved me was the moment of silence before the clash. The best moment of silence I’ve ever “heard”.
    Last edited by gadjo_dilo; 11th November 2019 at 10:49.

2. Likes: donKey jote (11th November 2019)
    A super movie with a super script: Parasite by south-korean Bong Joon-Ho. This year's Palme D'or winner is a "must see" for film lovers.

As a curiosity, whenever I go to the movies the cinema is almost empty but this time it was full packed.
    I was also surprised that the soundtrack of a south-korean movie contains an unfogettable italian hit of the 60's: In ginocchio da te, sung by good ol' Gianni Morandi.

4. Likes: cali (15th February 2020),donKey jote (23rd November 2019)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    A super movie with a super script: Parasite by south-korean Bong Joon-Ho. This year's Palme D'or winner is a "must see" for film lovers.

As a curiosity, whenever I go to the movies the cinema is almost empty but this time it was full packed.
    I was also surprised that the soundtrack of a south-korean movie contains an unfogettable italian hit of the 60's: In ginocchio da te, sung by good ol' Gianni Morandi.
    I need to go to the cinema more. I went a few times in Buenos Aires actually but only once since I got back. Not a movie man
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I need to go to the cinema more. I went a few times in Buenos Aires actually but only once since I got back. Not a movie man
    Can`t believe that you were in Buenos Aires and wasted your time going to the movies. Unless you were there for a film festival.

I think I`m not a movie woman myself. I went only four times in 4 years. Including the two I saw last month.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I went to see Ford v Ferrari about a week ago. It was OK. But the more knowledge you have of auto racing, I figure the less you'll enjoy it. Some of the scenes were rather unrealistic. I understand that most people have scant knowledge of racing, so I was OK with it being made for the least common denominator moviegoer types. And to that end, I guess the writers were right: ‘Ford v Ferrari’ Writers Explain Their Policy: ‘Stick to the Truth, Not the Facts’

It wasn't Grand Prix (my all time favorite racing movie) or Le Mans, but it was worth the price of the tickets.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

It must be heaven. By the palestinian filmmaker Elia Suleiman.
    Always with a stunned face, the character ( Elia Suleiman himself ) travels to Paris and New York just to find out unexpected paralels with his native Nazareth. The result is an absurd comedy that also reminds me the old movies of Jacques Tati.

Recommended only to those who have the patience to watch it in a cinema.

And the Oscar goes to.......Parasite, the movie I recommended to you a few months. ago.

I can't remember other movies to win both Palme D'or and the Oscar.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    And the Oscar goes to.......Parasite, the movie I recommended to you a few months. ago.

I can't remember other movies to win both Palme D'or and the Oscar.
    Usually winning an Oscar means the film is terrible, is this any different?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Usually winning an Oscar means the film is terrible, is this any different?
    I think it is. That`s why I find amazing that this movie could win two such different competitions.

The movies of Oscar selection are generally blockbusters and it's all about a business called cinema. The movies of Cannes are more about the art to make a movie that tells a real story. Movies of Cannes aren`t usually made for a large audience but more likely for critics and professionals.

12. Likes: cali (15th February 2020),Mark (11th February 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Haven't been in ChitChat subforum for years until today discovered it again. It is so quiet here compared to 15 so years ago.

Anyway, nice topic and keep it going! I for one found quite many recommendations here and will be checking some of them out.

14. Likes: gadjo_dilo (16th February 2020)