Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    meanwhile alonso is blatantly abusing the drs to either gain an advantage or hold of his pursuer, in both cases illegally
    but not worthy of a penalty?
    Have you checked the make of car he's driving? Since when have the same rules that everyone else has to obey been applied to Ferrari?

Overall a great race. Nice to see Lewis finally get his first Merc win and to all, who said last year that the transfer to Merc was daft - "IN YOUR FACE!"
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    meanwhile alonso is blatantly abusing the drs
    I don't think you should use the word "blatantly" here. Here's the explanation from the stewards:

"The DRS enabling system was not changed by the team from the pre-race to the race setting," said a stewards' statement.
    "The driver therefore incorrectly received 'DRS enabled' messages and reacted to them (when not entitled to) on three occasions.
    "As soon as the team became aware of the problem they informed the driver to only use DRS when told to do so by the team.
    "Whilst a small sporting advantage (less than one second over the entire race) was gained, the team argued #3 also suffered a disadvantage by being unable to use DRS on every legitimate occasion.

"However, the team is ultimately responsible for ensuring the system conforms to the regulations."

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    I don't think you should use the word "blatantly" here. Here's the explanation from the stewards:

"The DRS enabling system was not changed by the team from the pre-race to the race setting," said a stewards' statement.
    How can such an oversight happen? Very unprofessional from Ferrari.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Does anyone remember Button's DRS being activated when there was no one in front of him?

What happened about that?

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Does anyone remember Button's DRS being activated when there was no one in front of him?

What happened about that?
    Was that when he was being followed by Vettel, and there was a head-on shot of them coming out of the final corner and down the straight? If it's the occasion I'm thinking of, they had just lapped a Marussia, so I'm guessing Button waited until after the DRS detection point before passing the lapped car.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Regarding the Grosjean penalty, yes it did seem a bit unfair, because it was a fantastic bit of driving. But if all 4 wheels crossed the white line then he has gone of track to complete a move. If you remember the German GP last year when Vettel used the run-off at the hairpin to pass Button, then the rules have been enforced consistently on this occasion.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The 2012 Hungarian gp, literally made me fall asleep, so I didn't have high expectations of this race. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Hamilton drove excellently, and most of the time his number 1 position was "safe", but the battle for 2nd,3,4,5th,etc positions was epic.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I don't get peoples issue is with Vettel's heat of the moment comment. I don't believe there's anyone on here that can ever say they didn't say something in the heat of the moment which they didn't regret later. It's life, we're human, we learn from it. Get over it.

Kudos to Vettel for admitting his error afterwards. Another man would not have done that so publicly.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I don't get peoples issue is with Vettel's heat of the moment comment.
    Nobody above the age of 12 really actually gives a sh!t about any of that crap, do they?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Hottest race of the year and yet Merc did not suffer from severe rear thermal deg - what's wrong with this picture?