Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Re: 2014 Silly Season

I wish that Hulkenberg gets the seat at Lotus. The seats assignments at the top five for the last five years were kind of stale. They were mostly assigned to senior drivers, except for Grosjean and Perez. This needs to change, specially since Massa hasn't exactly set race tracks on fire. He had his long run, and its now time to let the younger drivers have a chance at driving a better car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Unless Massa has a sponsorship package behind him I think he will find it very hard to find a seat for next year. There's too many teams needing money and too many talented drivers around and he's not exactly looking like hot property after the last couple of years.
    I agree, I think it's quite likely that we'll never see him again in F1 after this year. Why would anybody hire him?
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Unless Massa has a sponsorship package behind him I think he will find it very hard to find a seat for next year. There's too many teams needing money and too many talented drivers around and he's not exactly looking like hot property after the last couple of years.
    I agree, I think it's quite likely that we'll never see him again in F1 after this year. Why would anybody hire him?
    Firstly , as he's been no hot property for a while , he wouldn't be asking a high salary .
    Secondly , he's being touted as a great team player , and that is worth a lot .

And , thirdly , and perhaps most importantly , he's coming from a front runner , and knows the Ferrari process for making a team fast .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Firstly , as he's been no hot property for a while , he wouldn't be asking a high salary .
    Secondly , he's being touted as a great team player , and that is worth a lot .

And , thirdly , and perhaps most importantly , he's coming from a front runner , and knows the Ferrari process for making a team fast .
    The problem is Massa's options are midfield teams who are struggling financially and will most likely hire a young charger with some backing rather than a guy who was good in 2009.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    True. I don't know where is will end up but there is no hurt in speculating.
    Absolutely not.....There is some speculation that Massa may wind up at lotus, which I find that to be incredible if that was to happen, especially with Hulkenberg waiting in the wings.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

I very much would like Hulkenberg to take Kimis seat next year. Nico deserves a good car, as a driver he is on par with the other Nico.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Hulkenberg to Lotus is the least he deserves, he has been good enough to be in a top car for the last couple of seasons.

If Felipe cant get a Sauber seat I think he will be out of F1, I cant see him going to Caterham or Marussia.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

If Lotus doesn't pick up The Hulk, which would be borderline criminal, then Whitmarsh would be negligent not to make contact with him.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Is Hulk really better than Perez though. Last year they both did enough to be given the opportunity in a decent car, unfortunately for Sergio this year's McLaren is a long way short of being a decent car. So far this season he has done as well as can be expected, usually bringing a slow car home in or close to the points.

If Renault (sorry I refuse to call the Lotus because they are NOT lotus) don't grab the Hulk, who will they go for? I can't see any other decent driver being available, unless they opt for the experience that Massa could bring, and who knows in a new environment the old competitive Massa might just reappear

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

I can see why people can't bring themselves to call the current Enstone incarnation by its current moniker, but with due respect it isn't Renault anymore and certainly wasn't the Equipe Renault Elf of yore.

I truly don't expect anyone to pay any notice, but the team in question didn't start life as Renault.

Or Benetton, for that matter.

It didn't even start in Enstone, either, so the E tag on the car is a slightly misleading one, albeit one which indicates, I think, the number of models made in Enstone?

Anyhow, back to the Silly Season.

If Hulkenburg doesn't get the Lotus seat, this isn't Silly Season. It's Really Silly Season.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick