Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    It's not so difficult. Both Vettel and Alonso still have contracts. They could swap and RB pays a lower fee as Alonso's contract runs a year longer.
    The times of Vettel being RB's precious are over. He publicly humiliated the team in Malaysia and his race engineer again at Monaco. TJ13 reports there have been a lot of forced smiles in the RB camp since then.
    TJ13? What has that source said?

The relationship between Ferrari and Alonso already have hit rock bottom. when was a multiple world champion bitch-slapped so publicly like Alonso yesterday and on his birthday, too. I think he's locked horns with them one time too often.
    Actually yeah, you might have a point with that. If that had been the first or second time Alonso has angered Luca, then he would not have bitchslapped Alonso like that. I remember there was some incident last year with Pat Fry too at the India GP, but don't remember the details anymore.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    TJ13? What has that source said?
    TJ13 is a specialized on F1 blog, maintained by a guy, who has several sources within most of the teams (Mechanics, soigneurs, Roadies). Usually beats the mainstream media to the big news by up to two weeks. They said immediately after Malaysia that Vettel's status as the golden boy was thoroughly thrashed after Malaysia, especially since sugar daddy Mateschitz is a Webber fanboi.

Actually yeah, you might have a point with that. If that had been the first or second time Alonso has angered Luca, then he would not have bitchslapped Alonso like that. I remember there was some incident last year with Pat Fry too at the India GP, but don't remember the details anymore.
    At India last year, Alonso threw a tantrum in the garage. He threatened the team to tweet that they haven't developed the car all year if they don't get their shyte together in a damn hurry. team play looks different...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

TJ13 is a specialized on F1 blog, maintained by a guy, who has several sources within most of the teams (Mechanics, soigneurs, Roadies). Usually beats the mainstream media to the big news by up to two weeks. They said immediately after Malaysia that Vettel's status as the golden boy was thoroughly thrashed after Malaysia, especially since sugar daddy Mateschitz is a Webber fanboi.
    Thanks, I did not know of that blog.

At India last year, Alonso threw a tantrum in the garage. He threatened the team to tweet that they haven't developed the car all year if they don't get their shyte together in a damn hurry. team play looks different...
    Yeah, that was it.
    He should be called the blackmail boy. I mean, how stupid and immature do you have to be to actually think threatning to tweet something like that would be productive?

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Yeah, that was it.
    He should be called the blackmail boy. I mean, how stupid and immature do you have to be to actually think threatning to tweet something like that would be productive?
    IIRC he also tried to pull something like that off while he was at McLaren. I have the utmost respect for him as a driver. He's capable of truly magnificent drives. Maybe not Senna-Donnington-93 or Schumacher-Barcelone-96 brilliant, but brilliant nonetheless. As a person, however, his style leaves a lot to be desired. There is a fine line between being ruthlessly determined like Senna and just being an arrogant twat. I'm afraid currently he slots in to the second category :S
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

IIRC he also tried to pull something like that off while he was at McLaren.
    Yep, that is why I said that. Ended up costing McLaren 100 million dollars -

I have the utmost respect for him as a driver. He's capable of truly magnificent drives. Maybe not Senna-Donnington-93 or Schumacher-Barcelone-96 brilliant, but brilliant nonetheless. As a person, however, his style leaves a lot to be desired. There is a fine line between being ruthlessly determined like Senna and just being an arrogant twat. I'm afraid currently he slots in to the second category :S
    Yes. Alonso is a great driver. That he did not win the title last year is a shame, because he was amazing in so many GPs. Yet as a person, there is a lot to be desired. I mean Senna was utterly utterly ruthless and so was Schumacher (quality that I actually rate highly), but Alonso is even worse, to the degree of being counter-productive.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Red Bull knows of Alonsos antics, most teams do.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I admire Alonso's optimistic attitude in public interviews. Some other person could have become extremely bitter after seeing, what, like three titles slip out of his hand.

By the way, has anyone heard of Raikkonen to Ferrari rumors?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I admire Alonso's optimistic attitude in public interviews. Some other person could have become extremely bitter after seeing, what, like three titles slip out of his hand.

By the way, has anyone heard of Raikkonen to Ferrari rumors?
    Kimi was asked about that today in Helsinki where is enjoying his holiday. No comment
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What I think for the 2014 grid is this:

RedBull: Vettel - Ricciardo/Raikonnen
    Ferrari: Alonso - Massa/Hulkenberg
    Mercedes: Hamilton - Rosberg
    Lotus: Raikonnen/Ricciardo - Grosjean/Maldonado
    McLaren: Button - Perez
    FIF1: diResta/Bianchi - Sutil/Valsecchi/Calado/Nasr
    STR: Ricciardo/da Costa - Vergne
    Williams: Bottas - Maldonado/Magnussen/Nasr
    Sauber: Hulkenberg/Frijns/Bianchi/Petrov/Sirotkin (though I think he wouldn't make it)
    Caterham: Pic/Rossi/vd Garde/Nasr
    Marussia: Nasr/Magnussen/Bianchi - Chilton

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lars75
    What I think for the 2014 grid is this:

RedBull: Vettel - Ricciardo/Raikonnen
    Ferrari: Alonso - Massa/Hulkenberg
    Mercedes: Hamilton - Rosberg
    Lotus: Raikonnen/Ricciardo - Grosjean/Maldonado
    McLaren: Button - Perez
    FIF1: diResta/Bianchi - Sutil/Valsecchi/Calado/Nasr
    STR: Ricciardo/da Costa - Vergne
    Williams: Bottas - Maldonado/Magnussen/Nasr
    Sauber: Hulkenberg/Frijns/Bianchi/Petrov/Sirotkin (though I think he wouldn't make it)
    Caterham: Pic/Rossi/vd Garde/Nasr
    Marussia: Nasr/Magnussen/Bianchi - Chilton
    so basically anything is possible

lol
    you can't argue with results.