Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Re: 2014 Silly Season

With Fred/Zo. That will be tasty.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

A very nice touch from Ferrari to allow Felipe to break the news himself, a bit of dignity not normally permitted in F1.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

I agree. I would like to see Massa get one more year out of Alonso's shadow and just see if he has really lost it.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72

If that is true, let us hope that Hulkenberg gets the Renault seat

things are hotting up
    Absolutely.....I was hoping to see Nico at Ferrari, Kimi at Red Bull, but if Kimi goes back to the Scuderia, and Hulkenberg takes his seat at Lotus.....good!

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts

But where does Massa go? Back to Sauber? I highly doubt he would go to Red Bull. Since Kimi is off to Ferrari I can only assume that Ricciardo is going to be Vettel's #2.

Hulkenberg to Lotus would be awesome!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    It seems that Ricciardo to Red Bull is a done deal (despite the latest that Kimi is still in the hunt), and the Kimi to Ferrari rumours won't go away, which is beginning to make me think they may be real. That puts Massa out of the seat, and probably out of the sport.

Torro Rosso will likely have 1, possibly 2 seats to fill, depending on what they want to do with Vergne, so someone like Da Costa or Sainz may make the step up.

Replacing Kimi probably saves Grosjean, who I think has done enough to retain the seat, for me Hulkenburg would be a good fit at Lotus and would free up a seat for Sirotkin and all his Russian cash at Sauber. I would also like t see maybe Alguesari given a chance at Lotus, I think he still has something to offer.

McLaren, Force India, Mercedes stay unchanged, the guys at the back could do anything, dpending on how much money they need
    Just quoting myself here from a few weeks ago, all I need is Hulk at Lotus to replace Kimi and I shall call myself the oracle!
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

yup my predictions too are holding true
    the only real remaining seat is at STR
    if I were them, I would offer the seat back to Buemi and let DaCosta and sainz mature another year

Sauber are in a real pickle IMO 2 paid drivers and IMO 2 poor drivers, Sirotkin doesn't even have a super license
    So while they may be financially secure, they are going nowhere with clearly the weakest 2 drivers of the entire grid for 2014
    I also have a sneaky suspicion that their 2014 car will be decent.
    The smart thing fro them to do would be to hire kobayashi and let Guiterrez and sirotkin share that 2nd seat

Massa is out of f1 IMO. He had one solid year in 2008 with a good car, and TBH without FIA interference would have lost that championship bid, much earlier.
    It is a minor miracle that he squeezed out 2 more years from ferrari. I know driving next to Alonso and being relegated to a clear #2 were tough situations, and he should have won in Hockenheim, but there have been enough abysmal performances to warrant his release.

If there were a 13th and 14th F1 team like it was supposed to be, then he would have had a seat for sure. but the FIA and their nonsensical system, along with Max Mosley's stupidity back in the day means we are down 4 driver slots and some decent drivers are on the outside looking in. Petrov, Buemi, Alguersarri, Kovaleinen, Kobayashi, Senna, Valsecchi and now Massa ( to a lesser extend) can all be argued to be still driving in F1.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Unless Massa has a sponsorship package behind him I think he will find it very hard to find a seat for next year. There's too many teams needing money and too many talented drivers around and he's not exactly looking like hot property after the last couple of years.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    But where does Massa go? Back to Sauber? I highly doubt he would go to Red Bull. Since Kimi is off to Ferrari I can only assume that Ricciardo is going to be Vettel's #2.

Hulkenberg to Lotus would be awesome!
    Felipe may stay at home, and join Barrichello in the Brazilian stock car series.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts

True. I don't know where is will end up but there is no hurt in speculating.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."