Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I went ahead and merged the two threads together because although the basic topic was different between the two, they were going to head down the same road anyway

Oh and here is the link to the previous thread on this general subject:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/nasc...-schedule.html

As you can tell, its quite old, but still geremane to the topic at hand.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Has anybody mentioned yet that there shouldn't be any Chase?
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This was a post I made last year about Road America getting a Cup date:

"I like the idea of Road America as well (since it's only a 90 minute drive for me), but IMO, I don't think it could handle a Cup race yet.

No garages and no structured seating areas like Watkins Glen, but those are easily remedied. I think they have to shorten the course as well. Watching the sports cars race there is awesome, especially since the Rolex Series started running up there but the Nationwide races have been a bit long and boring, especially last year's. The only thing is where to shorten it? There are a lot of hills.

They would also have to put a "bus stop" on the front stretch, as evidence in the Rolex race last year when the Dempsey car went flying over the fence in turn 1.

For the non-campers, I'm thinking there may be enough hotel space since the track isn't too far from Milwaukee, Green Bay and the Fox Valley. Not sure though. But the roads getting in and out of the track would need major improving."
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I despise the stupid "Chase" and always have. Since we're apparently stuck with it I'd like to see a road course race added to that ten race lineup. The "where" part is the problem. Lime Rock is a nice track but I'm not sure that it could handle a Cup race. If it could I'd put that in the regular schedule and put Sonoma in the Chase. That would really shake things up.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn't care if they added a road course or not to the chase...but would love to see them swap September Richmond and Chicagoland. It would be one less 1 1/2 mile "D" in the chase.

The only reason Chicagoland was moved from July to the chase was to prop up attendance. Same reason they dropped the "no cooler" rule, "no carry-in of food" rule and they don't force fans to buy season tickets anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lee
    oops, missed adding Iowa track, in the schedule. Replace the final weekend off, the one between Dover and Charlotte, in my schedule above, with Iowa Speedway. 400 laps, Iowa Corn Growers 400
    In my mind that may be a tough sell to the powers that be...unless someone like a SMI buys it and moves a different race to it.

Granted it is in a great loacation, just off of I-80. I passed by it on my way to Kansas Speedway last fall, but there in lies the problem. I think it's way too close to Kansas and Chicagoland, which have three Cup dates already.