Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Webber is leaving Formula 1 at just the right time in his career, not hanging on desperately like some have done in the past. Porsche has a great history in endurance racing and an experienced driver like him is just what they need to give Audi some proper competition.
    P.S. The new LMP1 Porsche looks superb!
    "A racing car has only one objective: to win motor races. If it does not do this it is nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort" - Colin Chapman

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Just heard Mark Webber has signed a deal with Porsche to bring to a close his 12 year career in F1. I guess his position was untenable in RBR given what happened earlier in the year and that Sebastien is the Golden boy over there.

I, for one, wish Webber luck in his new venture. I've always appreciated his straight talking and honesty. There aren't many drivers out there nowadays who are willing to say it like it is.
    So he says it like it is, ok. Well this is what he said:

Red Bull driver Mark Webber says his decision to leave Formula 1 at the end of the season had nothing to do with the Malaysia team orders controversy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23085501

But never pass up a chance to spew some bigoted hatred for a driver despite all matter of logic, reason, and facts.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Well, it is no secret that money isn't exactly flowing at LotuswasRenault....... It'd be Kimi's only real option of;

a good seat, and
    employment security.
    I thought some major money just came their way. Some Saudi outfit with big cash. Mansour something. Making big claims about winning the championship in the next year.
    If Raikkonen can really pour it on this year and the team really shows some signs, perhaps he won't move.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettian
    Webber is leaving Formula 1 at just the right time in his career, not hanging on desperately like some have done in the past. Porsche has a great history in endurance racing and an experienced driver like him is just what they need to give Audi some proper competition.
    P.S. The new LMP1 Porsche looks superb!
    I think so too. Its going to be a real challenge but one that promises to be exciting to follow.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Heard about this this morning, can't say I'm surprised. I bet he doesn't envy bieber s new team mate.
    I also heard the rumour about Kimi going there. If Boullier has any brains, he will fight for him. Kimi is probably the best driver on the grid now and lotus simply can't afford to lose him.
    After all, who on earth could replace him?
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettian
    Don't forget which team Vettel was driving for when he won his first race...
    It's widely believed that the 2008 Toro Rosso cars were replicas of RedBull chassis and probably illegal. Of course, this will not diminish Vettel's accomplishment in his first full time year. We had beaten his teammate, who was a pretty good driver IMO, as well as the fine pilots driving the "A team" cars.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Here's hoping MW can finish the year with another visit to the top step of the rostrum, to cap off a solid career with a great team. As mentioned above, had he managed to not lose it in Korea we may well have been farewelling a WDC, but coulda-shoulda-woulda...

I will be interested in the future speculation of who fills the vacant RBR seat, I hope its Daniel but in reality you could put any of the drivers good enough to race in F1 into a great car and you would have a contender IMO.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    When a good Formula 1 driver leaves for another motor competition, it always good for the other motorsport as that often greatly increases interest in the other motorsport. It will definitely be fun to see Webber in WEC. He will make a good company to Heidfeld, Buemi, and Bruno Senna. It's win-win for both sports. It's nice to see Webber move on to WEC at the time when he still has a good potential instead of pulling a Trulli or Villeneuve who both seemed to hang on in F1 forever, way past their prime and driving mediocre cars in the back of field.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    It's widely believed that the 2008 Toro Rosso cars were replicas of RedBull chassis and probably illegal. Of course, this will not diminish Vettel's accomplishment in his first full time year. We had beaten his teammate, who was a pretty good driver IMO, as well as the fine pilots driving the "A team" cars.

I'm sorry, the louts at your local pub do not constitute "wide belief".

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Some Q&A about stuff and things.

Q&A: Webber on F1 and his Porsche future - Speedcafe