Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Tips for Acropolis Rally 07

I have never been in Greece, and I would like to know how easy is it to follow rallies there.
    - What's the traffic like? Is it better to rent a motorcycle or a car?
    - How much do the tickets cost for the SS's? What about the SSS on thursday and PF?
    - I will propably stay in Athens, do you guys have any ideas for a good (not too expensive) hotel?
    - I have to leave Athens (to Mykonos) already on friday afternoon. But I think I would have time for 2-3 stages. Would this be realistic:
    SS2 9.13
    SS5 12.22

I found the official web-site but couldn't find any usefull information there.

Then some off-rally-topic issues:
    If I wanna be in Mykonos at friday evening, then I guess I should leave Athens around 5 pm? Should I go to Pireus or Rafina? Are the ferries always on schedule? My plane back to Finland leaves on sunday at 7:30 pm. If the ferry from Mykonos is scheduled to be in Rafina at 5 pm, there should be enough time to catch the flight even if the ferry is a little late?
    “It is not winning that’s important, it’s winning big.”
    -Tommi Mäkinen

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'd like to know about the Hippodrome in Athens where the SSS will take place. Is it big enough for thousands of spectators? Anyone knows an online map to the Hippo ?
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Traffic at Athens is no good so I would stay near other stages. Motor cycles is good option but other bikers are crazy!
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Athens is not a good place to stay...you might miss some stages due to traffic

The ss are free to spectate...the only place that might need tickets are the Super Special and maybe the Service Park

Stages have been anounced some time now if you want further info about timing.

http://www.acropolisrally.gr/en/show.php?page=itinerary

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you for the info. Interesting that the stages are free.

What would be a good location to stay? I will arrive to Athens airport on sunday, so I have at least three days to spend as a "normal tourist" and thursday and friday would be rally-days.
    “It is not winning that’s important, it’s winning big.”
    -Tommi Mäkinen