Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I don't think that Mclaren's performance or lack thereof is a major surprize though. There were three teams, who opted to scrap last year's fairly good designs - McLaren, Williams and Sauber. And all three of them are appealingly slow this year. Sauber had a car that scored podiums, Williams even won a race and McLaren was the fastest car for most parts of last season. Why in the name of all that's holy did they abandon these cars and go for clean-sheet design in a transition year?? That's three major brainfarts there...
    Appealing to you perhaps

But the fact that all three of them made the same choice suggests it was probably a reasonable decision at the time.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Appealing to you perhaps
    It was actually meant to be 'appallingly'. Darn spellchecker...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    I enjoyed this race alot. Funny how people differ.
    Yep, that's how it goes. I just don't enjoy races where the leader just disappears into the distance from lap 1.

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    i suspect it has little to do with the actual race. You can't take anyone serious who says something like that after Monaco and Barcelona. just the qualifying session was better/more interesting than those entire race weekends-- added together.
    I don't know, after some 30 years of F1, I'd like to think I've seen enough races to form a reasonably objective opinion on whether a race is exciting or not. Vettel was never challenged, just cruised onto a victory. Boring stuff IMO.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    i suspect it has little to do with the actual race. You can't take anyone serious who says something like that after Monaco and Barcelona. just the qualifying session was better/more interesting than those entire race weekends-- added together.
    I don't know, after some 30 years of F1, I'd like to think I've seen enough races to form a reasonably objective opinion on whether a race is exciting or not. Vettel was never challenged, just cruised onto a victory. Boring stuff IMO.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    But after some 30 years of F1, you should also know that you can't reduce a race to just its winner. Alonso's drive from 6th to 2nd alone was better than most we've seen so far this year. Aren't you mixing up boring and disappointing here?
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The Williams car was a donkey. Even after starting from second row, Bottas couldn't it even into a humble P10.

VDG was slow, but that's not new.

Sutil's spin disappointed as I had high expectations after Monaco. He did save the car and bounce back into the points, which was impressive. I don't think he deserved the penalty though. I don't know what the formal rules say, but the blue flag should not mean roll over and die. The driver, as long as he is not blocking and not moving his car in anticipation of the follower, should be allowed to drive full throttle and take the usual racing line. It should be the following driver's worry to find a way around the lap car.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Webber - regardless of his coming together with VDG he never once looked like podium material whilst team mate Vettel was as per usual pi**ing all over the opposition.

Why do some people insist Webber is an under rated driver?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Yep, that's how it goes. I just don't enjoy races where the leader just disappears into the distance from lap 1.

No I know its not ideal and we would all rather see a battle all race, but we know this happens sometimes but it doesnt mean the whole race is poor.

Also it was a great drive by Vettel and great drives regardless of how easy they look are impressive and enjoyable.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I don't know what the formal rules say, but the blue flag should not mean roll over and die.
    I dont think he deserved a penalty either, but I think the rules say that as a backmarker you cannot pass more than 3 or 4 blue flags.

I think he recieved blue flags at every marshall post for almost a lap and thus must have passed more than that.

I think its harsh, but thats why he was given a penalty. Why he was given a drive thru and VDG a stop Go. I am not sure.

If it was for the contact with Webber (which personally I think Webber has a major share of the blame) it should have been stated so by Race Control. As it was he got exactly the same infringement on Screen. "Ignoring the Blue Flags".

Thus the penalty should be the same.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Mark Webber.

The Red Bull was the fastest car out there (which he proved) and yet Seb got pole and won the race. Webber with the fastest car could only manage fourth; with three former champions ahead of him... :P
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!