Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I agree. Too much time to ponder the ins and outs of a 25yo WDC x3. Lets have handbags at arms length, start swinging gents.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everyone knows Vettel isnt going anywhere. He's too obsessed with scoring records to give up that soon.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webberf1
    Everyone knows Vettel isnt going anywhere. He's too obsessed with scoring records to give up that soon.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. If you listen to the spat between him and his race engineer over team radio after his fastest lap in Monaco, it is easy to hear that things aren't so rosy in the Red Bull camp anymore. That's the second time he locked horns with the team and it won't be the last time either. I wouldn't say it is inevitable that he stays. And while he pays more attention to records than Schumacher did, he's not obsessed with them and frankly if he were sitting in this year's Ferrari he'd have a better shot at improving his stats than in the tyre-eating Red Bull.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can remember people stories in 2000 of Schumacher quitting if he wins the 2000 title. No way he quits at 30.

The gulf between Vettel and Alonso has widened this year and for now Hamilton isn't in the conversation. He's clearly the best driver on the grid, and I think he'll romp to this title if Red Bull can at least give him the second best car on the grid (currently 3rd best maybe 4th best if Mercedes have figured out the tyres) giving him an incredible four titles.

It seems inevitable that he'll get Schumacher's title record, but it can change really quickly. After Hamilton's first season in McLaren then winning it in 2008, who could have predicted that five years later he'd never win another title at McLaren and would get destroyed by a teammate at Mercedes that most people didn't rate at all. He's gone from looking like the next Senna to looking like the next Villeneuve.

Alonso wins two titles at Renault and seven years later he's still trying for a third despite going to the best car of 2007 in McLaren (and getting matched by his rookie teammate) and failing for three straight years at Ferrari despite all the resources available to him, all his experience, and from day one being given a car good enough to win a championship (finishes 1-2 in Bahrain to start 2010). Instead he loses in 2010 to a third year driver that was 4th in the championship with two races remaining.

How about Kimi? Ferrari boot Schumacher out of Ferrari because they believe Kimi is the best driver in F1. He becomes the highest paid driver in F1. Barely beats Massa in 2007, Massa beats him straight up in 2008. One title to show for all his years driving Newey cars and slotting into Schumacher's drive at Ferrari. Goes to Lotus and all of a sudden they're competitive and in realistic contention for the championship (Vettel would be comfortably leading the championship in the Lotus). One championship to show for it!

Who knows. Someone like Perez might turn into the new Vettel with another year. There's Hulkenberg, Bianchi. I almost think if Alonso or Kimi can't get it done this year then Ferrari will begin plotting to replace Alonso and Lotus won't put up a fight to keep Kimi.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    It seems inevitable that he'll get Schumacher's title record, but it can change really quickly. After Hamilton's first season in McLaren then winning it in 2008, who could have predicted that five years later he'd never win another title at McLaren and would get destroyed by a teammate at Mercedes that most people didn't rate at all. He's gone from looking like the next Senna to looking like the next Villeneuve.
    He's yet to be destroyed by his team mate at Mercedes unless you have a crystal ball lol. I don't think I've ever read such a load of deliberately provocative fanboy tripe in my life. We've been here many, many times before haven't we old friend?

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Oh brother... I haven't read such nonsense in years. RBR is the 4th best car ... I'm sure he could beat them all in a Trabant

Vettel has also publicly said on a few occasions he wants to drive for Ferrari. He's got 5 years left (possibly) and Alonso still has a long term contract, so they'll either be team mates or he'll push Freddy out of Ferrari. Highly unlikely as Alonso is often tipped as the most complete driver on the grid so this would be an interesting turn of events. I think we'll lose Adrian Newey from the sport long before Vettel hangs up his gloves.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think we'll lose Adrian Newey from the sport long before Vettel hangs up his gloves.
    True dat if he keeps on crashing his own cars. Lol
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    True dat if he keeps on crashing his own cars. Lol
    Indeed lol

http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/1...designing.html

If he survives that he's hinted into going into yacht design as its his second passion apparently

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Looks like he'll have no problem finding things to do when he does retire!

Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent