Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I don't think either Fernando or Lewis are acting stupid. Having a few tattoos or in Hamilton's case owning a pet dog are hardly wild activities, lets be honest.
    Just wondering how all the young folks with tattoos all over usually visible parts of their bodies will be looking when they hit their 50's and up and tats are a fad long passed into history.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Just wondering how all the young folks with tattoos all over usually visible parts of their bodies will be looking when they hit their 50's and up and tats are a fad long passed into history.
    I doubt anybody really cares at that age as they'll be grey and wrinkly. A few faded tatts on the arms are the least of their worries. I remember my Mum saying to my Brother when he had his first tattoos, 'what are they going to look like when you're 80?'... He responded with 'what am I going to look like when I'm 80?!!'..... So true lol.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I don't understand peoples issues with tats. I've 7 of them. Why does it bother people so much?

It's kind of along the same lines as people who take umbrage with others for wearing shades. Some people are so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    It's kind of along the same lines as people who take umbrage with others for wearing shades. Some people are so stupid.
    I posted a thread here once to discuss people's sunglasses choice and was shocked at the reaction. I had absolutely no idea there were people out there who were anti sunglasses! It all seemed to boil down to far too much thought going into it by opinions that those who wear them are somehow posing or wasting their money. All these years I've been wearing them because I hate squinting in the sun and the headaches that follow, completely oblivious to the judgements of others. Thankfully that thread is lost now and its not something I would share again. I have no problems with tattoo's as they are the choice of the individual and don't offend anybody, unless they are deliberately offensive through their content. Weird how easily people can be judged by those who are narrow minded.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I posted a thread here once to discuss people's sunglasses choice and was shocked at the reaction. I had absolutely no idea there were people out there who were anti sunglasses! It all seemed to boil down to far too much thought going into it by opinions that those who wear them are somehow posing or wasting their money. All these years I've been wearing them because I hate squinting in the sun and the headaches that follow, completely oblivious to the judgements of others. Thankfully that thread is lost now and its not something I would share again. I have no problems with tattoo's as they are the choice of the individual and don't offend anybody, unless they are deliberately offensive through their content. Weird how easily people can be judged by those who are narrow minded.
    I hear ya brother. I was the same for years. Especially since I was in a car accident when I was 18 it affect my sight and sunglasses were one of the only reliefs I got from the sun for a long time. I had one girl I knew come up to me one day and say she wouldn't have the guts to do what I was doing. Completely oblivious to what she was on about, she said "Walk down the street in sunglasses". I was so dumbfounded, yet slightly infuriated, by her statement that I kept quiet. I guess people will always pass judgement. The way I see it though is so what if they do? That's their own issues coming to the fore. Let them off, judge me away and I will carry on without it bothering me. In my opinion a lot of it comes down to jealousy. Then again, who am I to judge them back?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I don't understand peoples issues with tats. I've 7 of them. Why does it bother people so much?

This thread is already too far off topic, so this will be my last post on this subject.

Tattoos don't bother me, you assume too much there. I just think it's silly to make what is a mostly permanent alteration to your body in pursuit of a fashion fad. That's, IMO, a case of not thinking much further than the end of your nose. Especially when a few years down the road most of these folks will be sitting in front of an employer interviewing for a job. How are those visible tats looking then? So sports people going heavily into fashion fads don't do a whole lot for me. Take a look at the NBA and NFL players over here who wear them everywhere on their bodies. It would be nice if they spent that much effort on their game performance.

So stupid is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to a subject like this. Personally, I prefer not to bow at the altar of the latest, coolest fashion.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

This thread is already too far off topic, so this will be my last post on this subject.

Tattoos don't bother me, you assume too much there. I just think it's silly to make what is a mostly permanent alteration to your body in pursuit of a fashion fad. That's, IMO, a case of not thinking much further than the end of your nose. Especially when a few years down the road most of these folks will be sitting in front of an employer interviewing for a job. How are those visible tats looking then? So sports people going heavily into fashion fads don't do a whole lot for me. Take a look at the NBA and NFL players over here who wear them everywhere on their bodies. It would be nice if they spent that much effort on their game performance.

So stupid is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to a subject like this. Personally, I prefer not to bow at the altar of the latest, coolest fashion.
    Actually I wasn't assuming anything about what you were saying as I hadn't read your posts in this thread but I had seen people mention tattoos as I skimmed down through it and I straight away knew people were complaining about Hamilton's

Is getting a tattoo really a fashion fad? Genuinely, much like wearing sunglasses, I'm wasn't aware if it truly was. I ignore all that stuff. I got them because I like them. I don't think there's anything fashionable about it. I don't have them in areas where they would be visible were I going for an interview or in my every day work attire but some day when I retire I very well may do.

You're welcome to your opinion of course but if people didn't judge then it wouldn't matter what was tattoo'd to me body

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Especially when a few years down the road most of these folks will be sitting in front of an employer interviewing for a job. How are those visible tats looking then?
    That depends on how shallow the employer is, letting a couple of harmless tattoos distracting him from the talents of the applicant. Besides, one can always wear a long sleeves shirt hiding those tattoos if they're such a big problem. This is just old, regressive thinking I'm afraid.

Take a look at the NBA and NFL players over here who wear them everywhere on their bodies. It would be nice if they spent that much effort on their game performance.
    I never quite understood this. How does getting a tattoo anywhere on your body affect a person's mental concentration, athleticism or overall performance in any way, shape or form? Some of the best athletes in the world have at least one or two tattoos and some are heavily tattooed. I am simply dumbfounded at the notion that tattoos can serve as a distraction. How?!? :-/

Perhaps Hamilton is rolling his sleeves up during a race to check out how good the heart, cross and saint looks on his arm?

I can't see how this is distracting him from the profession he has chosen to be honest. I just think its fans looking for an excuse to find fault and air what they perceive is a superior opinion. There is nothing wrong with being young and following fashion. I wear trends I like and we all buy certain brands that we can afford. It doesn't distract me from my job and neither does it for these guys.

Just had a thought too. Webber lives just outside Oxford and has several dogs. Michael Schumacher kept dogs all through his career and even brought them into the paddock on occasion. Kimi, Button, Alonso, Hamilton all have tattoo's and that's not to mention all the other drivers who might just have one or two themselves.

Are we looking at an epidemic of total distraction creeping through the grid!!!

Puts this all into perspective really and John Watson should know better.