Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    And even when he did finally win in 2007 he had to have the most incredible sequence of events for it to happen. Hamilton had one of the biggest all-time chokes in sporting history. Even had to have Massa slow down and hand him the win in Brazil.
    I agree Kimi was lucky to win in 2007 but he was the most consistent and scored more points which is all that matters.

I don't remember Hamilton choking that race but my memory is hazy. I remember him missing his breaking point in frustration on the opening lap when trying to get a position back from his team mate, but I'm not sure that is regarded as a 'choke'. He compromised his race but if anything he showed too much courage, especially as he was a rookie too. His championship wasn't helped by a software malfunction on the car that put his gearbox into neutral from sixth gear. It cost him places and time and by that time it was all over. A badly managed year by McLaren with two very capable drivers, but Hamilton could be proud he'd had the most impressive rookie season in the sport for a long time.

I'd like to see Kimi win a championship by dominating, rather than inheriting and its clear his has the ability and speed.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    Clearly it is. It's just that Raikonnen and Alonso have been abysmal in qualifying. Ferrari and Lotus two best cars. They just don't have a superstar driver like Red Bull do.
    So Mercedes have the two best drivers on the grid judging by the amount of pole positions so far, if we use your logic of course. They just don't have the car to carry the speed through the race.