Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have not been here in a while

Idk just haven't been following racing discussion like I used to. I would usually go to my driver's forum and get tabs here or there but there's just so much going on with me. I see some of the familiar faces are still around so that's good to see. I do have to ask though because I immediately thought of him when coming here tonight. Has Stan been back on here any?
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willracefan
    Idk just haven't been following racing discussion like I used to. I would usually go to my driver's forum and get tabs here or there but there's just so much going on with me. I see some of the familiar faces are still around so that's good to see. I do have to ask though because I immediately thought of him when coming here tonight. Has Stan been back on here any?
    Hello willracefan. I'm new to this forum. I don't know you or stan. I just thought I'd say "Howdy". Have a great day.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    RaceFanStan just disappeared in March 2010. We've no idea what happened to him but fear the worst
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Welcome home Will

Yeah Mark is right. Stan has disappeared completely from the internet as far as I have been able to tell. None of the people that he had regular "non-forum" correspondence with him have heard a peep from him in over 3 years-and as active as he was all over the 'net I find it hard to believe that anything other than the worst could be the cause

I only know that he had been pretty sick around the holidays in 2009, then had a major computer failure upon getting out of the hospital. But he was getting that sorted out. We PM'd back and forth on 10 February 2010, and I sent him a PM on 19 February 2010 that he never responded to. After I became a mod I went digging into his history and the last time his account was logged in was 4 March 2010. That could have been a family member going through his computer favorites or something. Stan isn't the type to just disappear into thin air-if he was done with us for whatever reason he would have told us-of that I have NO doubt.

I miss him.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow. Thats sad. I saw a thread of his scrolling down Sunday and thought he had to be back and then saw it was from 07. I'm not sure why that was bumped though after six years.
    the drought is over--may there never be another with 115 races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe Stan passed in March of 2010?

I knew Stan a few years before he joined this forum and he had mailed me a VHS copy of Matt Kenseth's first Cup win. So I knew his real name and where he lived as he knew mine, but he asked me not to tell others because he liked to keep his privacy. I did a google search and found an obituary. I knew what Stan did for a living before he retired and the job was the same as well as the name and town.

I apologize for not checking into this sooner.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Very sad, from what I remember of him on here he was a good guy

Sent from North Korea using the dark network
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sad, very sad indeed.

To Stan
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    RaceFanStan. A great forum member and a great moderator. He has and will be missed.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    I believe Stan passed in March of 2010?

I knew Stan a few years before he joined this forum and he had mailed me a VHS copy of Matt Kenseth's first Cup win. So I knew his real name and where he lived as he knew mine, but he asked me not to tell others because he liked to keep his privacy. I did a google search and found an obituary. I knew what Stan did for a living before he retired and the job was the same as well as the name and town.

I apologize for not checking into this sooner.
    I didn't see this post until now. That's very sad to hear. As others have said, R.I.P. Stan.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith