Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Time is not a luxury one is afforded in F1.........
    McLaren evidently can afford to take its sweet time. No constructor titles since 1998. They'll bounce, eventually.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    they had there chance with lewis hamilton adn screwd it up all them years. now no chance at all.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    McLaren evidently can afford to take its sweet time. No constructor titles since 1998. They'll bounce, eventually.
    Exactly. Absurd for a team of their lineage to not have a constructors in that length of time. They could have in 2007 had they not been excluded.

Still, ridiculous situation for McLaren at the moment. If I were a driver I wouldn't want to drive for them. I'd be a nearly man. Might get lucky once every 15 years and that's about it. I'd also be willing to bet that's a lot of the reason as to why Lewis left.

i definitely view them as a geniuine top team ...

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    It pains me too much to talk about McLaren. uch:! Just mentioning the name hurts...
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    You're not gonna win a championship with Button as your number one driver unless you produce a car far superior to the opposition.
    agree with you man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a Mclaren fan, this has been a very painful season thus far.

Unfortunatly we're approaching that part of the season now where even if they did return to winning ways it's pretty much too little too late.

I like Jenson Button but have to somewhat agree that his only at his best when the Car is, Hamilton proved himself in 2009 by pushing a very mediocre Car to it's limits, No doubt had he stayed at Mclaren this year He would probably still have more Points than Button and Perez combined.

Still keeping my fingers cross they might at least achieve a Podium before the end of the year, but I'm certainly not going to be placing any bets.

It's when teams like Caterham and Marussia start out pacing them that's when I'll start worrying :P

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eunos

I like Jenson Button but have to somewhat agree that his only at his best when the Car is, Hamilton proved himself in 2009 by pushing a very mediocre Car to it's limits, No doubt had he stayed at Mclaren this year He would probably still have more Points than Button and Perez combined.

Still keeping my fingers cross they might at least achieve a Podium before the end of the year, but I'm certainly not going to be placing any bets.

Are you saying that in 2011 Mclaren had the best car? So lewy finished 5th while driving the best car? Your logic here seems pretty daft.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the Honda engines in 2015 could be a huge help for them
    "There are some things that you can fulfil with money, but at the end of the day these are not the things that make you happy. It is the small things that make life good." - Sebastian Vettel

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    With the loss of money that McLaren are going to win this year by finishing behind Force India, I'm beginning to wonder how much of a 'pay-driver' Sergio Perez is for the team........
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!