Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    I think DiResta deserves a little mention as well as Sutil. He also managed to make some clean passes - without hitting anyone. Without the tactical error in qualifying he might well have got a result similar to Sutil's.

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    On the tires I still maintain that it wasn't a major issue in this race. All the front runners were on tire preservation mode in the first half of the race to get into a single stop window. However, tire preservation was no more on the cards after the 2 safety car period when everyone gets to change 2 sets of tires without compromising race position. It would have been more interesting if Webber had given it a go on Seb on the final stint. I disagreed with Martin Brundle's comments on Kimi's run-in with Perez. He may have changed his racing line but I think he is entitled 1 move. More importantly, Perez was never going to make the pass stick even if Kimi doesn't change his racing line. He would have rammed into Kimi's chassis instead of the rear wheel. Kimi paid the price but what was he supposed to do, lift just because Checo was going to dive in? Some said Checo had no where to go when he committed the move, the same could be said about Kimi when he entered the bus stop. For those who race karts would know it's the driver who tries to make a pass that has to judge if the move stick. This isn't like one driver pushing another driver out of the track. Kimi was entering the bus stop and the gap was closed long before Checo arrived.
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Although it is a great win. I cant except it as a great one. He was cruising so didnt need to push as others cruised as well. I dont rate any of the top 4 in this race.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Kimi changed his line in the breaking zone, a big no go, that is Kimi's fault, what was Perez supposed to do? Evaporate?
    Kimi had a line in his breaking and he is suppose to change it while breaking hard? How you suppose he do that and still make the chicane?
    He used the same line he used laps before. Giving checo the hint, he just did not get it.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Rosberg did what everyone does this year, who is in the lead - cruising home, nursing his tires at 4 seconds slower than what the car could do. As happy as I am to see him win, he didn't do sod all. Sutil was the only one in the field who even tried to race. Rosberg merely dawdled away at the front.
    He got pole position. topped every practice session, controlled the race, pasted Hamilton and pulled out a gap easily whenever he needed to do so. It was Schumacher/Senna-esque driving and I don't really know what more one has to do to get drive of the race other than that. Sutil's race was great also and definitely he deserves to be second but still can't look past Rosberg.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keijo, sorry Nico Rosberg
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Burndt Mylander - the only one pushing his car to the limit!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Burndt Mylander - the only one pushing his car to the limit!
    This made me laugh. True though, he nearly lost it at the swimming pool one lap.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this weekend was the best performance I have ever seen from Nico. He was faultless and deserves the plaudits.

Sutil and PdR was excellent as well. To come from the back at Monaco and finish in the points is a great achievement for anyone and I feel sorry for Paul that FI cocked up his Qualifying. Still, it's great to see his run of good form continuing.

Checo was a bit of a loose cannon on a similar way to Lewis recently at Monoco but at least he's making things happen. I do think Kimi 'put some manners' on him but it was still great fun to watch.

I feel a bit sorry for Lewis. He wasn't on Nicos pace this weekend but it was bad cll from Mercedes. They should have pulled in Nico to cover off Vettel and that would have left a clean pit the next lap. However, it was great to see him pushing Webber hard although just couldn't get the gap.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Although it is a great win. I cant except it as a great one. He was cruising so didnt need to push as others cruised as well. I dont rate any of the top 4 in this race.
    Although I understand your point, the top 4 actully drove very well in a sense. Red Bulls held station as that was the most they could do and avoided any risks to get the points which will win them the title again (zzzZZzzz). Hamilton tried hard to pass Webber but couldn't but atleast got the car home safely. Nico, did everything a pole sitter should do - quick starts, crucial gaps opened when needed, good starts on all restarts, keeping his "pace" at optimum level and making 0 mistakes while leading on a very tight circuit where even a minor mistake means a meeting with the armco. So he deserved the win.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: