Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    Perez was much quicker than Alonso, Kimi and Button.
    And of those four, all finished but????

The other drivers were all managing their tyre/brakes, Perez didn't, and as a result retired with brake failure.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    And of those four, all finished but????

The other drivers were all managing their tyre/brakes, Perez didn't, and as a result retired with brake failure.....
    Perez managed his tyres just fine. He was simply quicker than the three ex world champions. He retired because Kimi pushed him into a wall.

Same with Sutil being quicker than Button and Alonso. Nothing to do with managing tyres. He simply out drove them.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    Perez managed his tyres just fine. He was simply quicker than the three ex world champions. He retired because Kimi pushed him into a wall.
    He retired because he moved into a disappearing gap and hit the rear quarter of Kimi's car. He put himself into the wall by being far too eager and not reading the situation. Much like when Hamilton crashed into Button in Canada 2011. The overtaking car was at fault in both situations.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    He retired because he moved into a disappearing gap and hit the rear quarter of Kimi's car. He put himself into the wall by being far too eager and not reading the situation. Much like when Hamilton crashed into Button in Canada 2011. The overtaking car was at fault in both situations.
    Disagree. The gap wasn't disappearing when Perez initiated the move. Kimi blocked it after Perez had committed. It was similar to Massa and Maldonado incidents in Monaco two years ago. I really dont' get how people feel it is okay for a defending driver to close the door after the overtaking driver has made the commit, especially in a place like Monaco, and give the overtaking driver no chance whatsoever at that point in avoiding a collision. For a world champion, Kimi should have known better.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Disagree. The gap wasn't disappearing when Perez initiated the move. Kimi blocked it after Perez had committed. It was similar to Massa and Maldonado incidents in Monaco two years ago. I really dont' get how people feel it is okay for a defending driver to close the door after the overtaking driver has made the commit, especially in a place like Monaco, and give the overtaking driver no chance whatsoever at that point in avoiding a collision. For a world champion, Kimi should have known better.
    How was Kimi to know that Perez was 'commited', he came from so far back, his rear tyres were in southern France. So is it now ok to start attacks that have no chance of succeeding unless the defending driver leaves the door wide open?
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    How was Kimi to know that Perez was 'commited', he came from so far back, his rear tyres were in southern France. So is it now ok to start attacks that have no chance of succeeding unless the defending driver leaves the door wide open?
    I agree it was borderline overly optimistic but to overtake at Monaco you have to be optimistic and try the impossible. Perez committed, and when Kimi went to defend he left Perez no room to stop which is what caused the crash. A driver of Kimi's experience should have known that closing the door like that was most likely going to cause a collision.

I've just watched the crash again there and I reckon the incident would have been avoided completely had Kimi not made any move at all and both drivers would have come through unscathed. I completely blame Kimi as he should have known better.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    You can't blame Kimi alone. The attack was not borderline optimistic it was downright blackmail. Perez was so far behind, the move couldn't work under normal conditions. Kimi would have to give up his place voluntarily for both of them to come out of it without damage. It was a "move over or we'll crash" move and I applaud Kimi for not letting that little punk blackmail him into moving over. Perez calculated that Kimi would roll over for fear of losing points for the championship and that's rotten style to begin with. Senna and Schumacher were lambasted for such moves. Why should we accept them from Perez?
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    You can't blame Kimi alone. The attack was not borderline optimistic it was downright blackmail. Perez was so far behind, the move couldn't work under normal conditions. Kimi would have to give up his place voluntarily for both of them to come out of it without damage. It was a "move over or we'll crash" move and I applaud Kimi for not letting that little punk blackmail him into moving over. Perez calculated that Kimi would roll over for fear of losing points for the championship and that's rotten style to begin with. Senna and Schumacher were lambasted for such moves. Why should we accept them from Perez?
    Well I had very little issues with Schumacher and Senna's moves either so maybe you're arguing with the wrong guy