Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Reported ^^^^

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    F1: Boullier Slams Perez, Defends Grosjean Boullier what a JACKASS Boullier Slams Perez, Defends Grosjean
    Lotus F1 team principal Eric Boullier was in the unusual position on Sunday in Monaco of criticizing a rival for causing a collision while defending his own driver for doing the same after two separate incidents.

Boullier joined the growing chorus of critics of Sergio Perez after the Mexican hit the back of Kimi Raikkonen at the entry to the chicane, giving the Finn a puncture that ruined his race.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR
    F1: Boullier Slams Perez, Defends Grosjean Boullier what a JACKASS Boullier Slams Perez, Defends Grosjean
    Its no shock that Boullier would defend both his drivers for these incidents IMO. Kimi's race was ruined in effect by a rather optimistic move by Perez and earlier in the race Kimi had to take evasive action at the same corner because Sergio carried too much speed and forced both of them across the chicane. I enjoy Sergio's racing because its racing, but he did go beyond the limit a couple of times in Monaco. I hope it doesn't put him off though in the coming races. A bit of wheel banging is fine as long as your name isn't Lewis Hamilton.

Grosjean's shunt with Ricciardo was just careless, but perhaps Boullier is remembering Kimi did the same to Sutil in the 2008 race? Anyway. team principles are hardly going to publicly condemn their drivers and double standards are to be expected.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I enjoyed Perez's driving until the time of collision with Raikkonen. Perez was at fault here. He dived on the inside of that turn over what clearly was Kimi's racing line. In fact, it looked as if Kimi wasn't there, Perez probably would have missed the chicane, so aggressive was his dive into that turn. I do think Perez is a nice addition to F1. He showed everyone that he has teeth and will fight. He just shouldn't do stupid things.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Perez is also young, so Mclaren need to mould what is a fast driver, without losing his bite.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alonso - giving away positions like Christmas presents.
    Max - teaching Maldonado a trick of his own.

Perez not so much though, but the mistake was his, but to give him credit he did try pretty hard.

I don't blame the tryre supplier as much, cause Monaco races don't play any different, it has always been about controlled attacks, and here it was just like before, except of course they had to go much slower.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2
    Max - teaching Maldonado a trick of his own.
    Skip to 1:06 for a great shot of the crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXP_e8adVo
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    I think we shouldn't be so specific and just declare them all donkey's for that stinker of a race. Pirelli, the Politbüro's behind the pitwall and the drivers for going along with such a travesty.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/05/2...ix-team-radio/

Here's a team radio transcript of Monaco and it is a gut wrenching read Drivers being told to go a second slower, Vettel being told to give up on overtaking Rosberg halfway into the friggin' race, delta-orders everywhere.

Mitigating circumstances for Vettel for telling the Clown behind the wall where to shove it on lap 78.

This transcript alone looks devastating for the state of affairs.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I think we shouldn't be so specific and just declare them all donkey's for that stinker of a race. Pirelli, the Politbüro's behind the pitwall and the drivers for going along with such a travesty.

How the Monaco Grand Prix unfolded on team radio - F1 Fanatic

Here's a team radio transcript of Monaco and it is a gut wrenching read Drivers being told to go a second slower, Vettel being told to give up on overtaking Rosberg halfway into the friggin' race, delta-orders everywhere.

Mitigating circumstances for Vettel for telling the Clown behind the wall where to shove it on lap 78.

This transcript alone looks devastating for the state of affairs.
    I think you should stop watching F1 since you seem to loathe it so much in its current state. I like it, a lot more now than when I used to dose off after watching a red and white Mclaren or an active Williams going around the circuit alone for an hour.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I think you should stop watching F1 since you seem to loathe it so much in its current state. I like it, a lot more now than when I used to dose off after watching a red and white Mclaren or an active Williams going around the circuit alone for an hour.
    I agree. From all the races I have watched in F1, Monaco 2013 was well above average.

Alternatively people can go back in time and watch races like Australia 1998 and the likes. It is all nice that drivers can push to the limits like you all wish, but it gets boring pretty quickly - after a few laps - if there are lightyears between cars, no competition and nothing to fight for. Or overtaking is so difficult that you still end up with a train of "cruise" even though drivers allegedly "push the limits". This year we got more overtaking at Monaco than we usually have done.