Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Don't bother. You obviously only want one opinion so I will just ignore this thread. Have fun telling each other how great you all are!
    I can count several opinions in this thread.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Now for the topic at hand; my heart goes out to the victim's family and friends. I hope the authorities are able to get to the bottom of this soon. And SGWilko is right, we have become quite the species alright.....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Don't bother. You obviously only want one opinion so I will just ignore this thread. Have fun telling each other how great you all are!
    Abide by the forum rules, and your opinion will be welcome, but likely not agreed with.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Now for the topic at hand; my heart goes out to the victim's family and friends. I hope the authorities are able to get to the bottom of this soon. And SGWilko is right, we have become quite the species alright.....
    I do worry quite what a world my kids will live in when I am gone....

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Since you will be ignoring the thread then I guess I shouldn't bother to tell you that actually I want many opinions-that's what makes a debate fun and well, a debate.

But what I don't want are posts that attack others-but I am wasting my time since you won't be reading this, anyway
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Scary for passers-by too as you just don't expect to see someone butchering a human being in the middle of the street like that. Apparently people attempted to intervene too. Shame these guys couldn't have been dropped off into the Army barracks next door after the attack and they could have fancied their chances against a hundred or so angry squaddies.

*non serious thought process employed*

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Shame these guys couldn't have been dropped off into the Army barracks next door after the attack and they could have fancied their chances against a hundred or so angry squaddies.
    That's heading into 'two wrongs' territory. Justice needs to be served, not revenge.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    That's heading into 'two wrongs' territory. Justice needs to be served, not revenge.
    I know I wasn't being serious and suggesting mob law.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I do worry quite what a world my kids will live in when I am gone....
    Well, I'm sure it will be one in which forms of terrorism exist, because this has always been the case and always will be. Notions that any form of terrorism can be 'defeated' by armed action are fanciful — we've been trying since 2001 and it hasn't worked. Nor will it ever.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    One interesting side aspect to this incident is the amount of civilian video footage that is emerging from smartphones etc.

Does this mean that future attempts of terrorism will have to be much more 'covert' in order to avoid detection?

It wont prevent the attacks, but will greatly assist in tracking the suspects perhaps?