Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Man Murdered in Woolwich

Some truly shocking footage on this evenings news regarding the brutal and cowardly murder in South East London this afternoon.

BBC News - Man dead in suspected Woolwich terror attack

Info unclear but being investigated as a potential terrorist incident. Unconfirmed whether the man was a soldier at this point but seems like he was attacked near Army barracks. Awful stuff, thoughts with the chaps family.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Aren't we a wonderful species?????
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Horrible incident.

Meanwhile there's a huge amount of supposition coming from people who should know better, and a lot of stirring by the very same people who are appealing for calm.

Now let me be clear before I go on: there is NO excuse and no justification for what happened on the streets of Woolwich today. However, it was entirely predictable that when the UK colludes so closely with the USA in illegal drone attacks which kill an order of magnitude more civilians than suspects, that we would open ourselves up to revenge attacks. That does not make it right - two wrongs never do.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

The ironic thing is one of the murders spoke to a member of the public and was filmed justifying his actions by comparing it to the deaths in his country. If he was any sort of man he would have been fighting in his country rather than targeting an innocent man on the street in the UK IMO. Thank goodness they didn't take more people out and hopefully they will recover to face their judgement.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    If he was any sort of man he would have been fighting in his country rather than targeting an innocent man on the street in the UK IMO.
    A devil's advocate might argue that he was more of a man than someone who operates a drone by remote control from another continent...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    A devil's advocate might argue that he was more of a man than someone who operates a drone by remote control from another continent...
    An enemy that uses civilians for cover has no right of complaint in my opinion. This current technologically fought war is borne out of necessity when the enemy is invisible.....

But I agree that two wrongs don't make a right
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

I hadn't associated this attack with the drones, but news is sketchy at the moment.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Here is your "man"

[youtube]EROXP8JDG9M[/youtube]

If you ask me neither him nor you are deserving of the tittle.

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    An enemy that uses civilians for cover has no right of complaint in my opinion. This current technologically fought war is borne out of necessity when the enemy is invisible.....

But I agree that two wrongs don't make a right
    Quite. Guerrilla warfare unfortunately invites casualties. Fighting an enemy who blend in to civilians and will happily take cover in schools and hospitals knowing we are not allowed to fire on them is difficult. Killing innocent civilians in any country is unacceptable and we can only hope our forces don't do it on purpose just to make a point.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    If you ask me neither him nor you are deserving of the tittle.
    Is that you comparing someone in this thread with an allegedly brutal murderer? Looks like it to me.