Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ian, 1 race? Not really, it's just that some races are more telling than others. And like it or not FA seems to allways win those races.

Obviously I won't convince, nor do I aspire to do it, people that don't share my enthusiasm for FA as I have, but mate I've been enthusiastic about FA for about 15 years know, and not one day( I lie, one day Barça 2004)he's been disapointing.

You guys thinks Kimi's faster, fair enough, but it's also as fair to say that IMO Kimi is just not as fast. He gets there once in a while, but FA is alwways there.

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    IMO Alonso and Räikkönen are equally quick. Don't think there is enough evidence to call one of them quicker, especially as they haven't driven in the same team. But I tend to agree that Alonso seems to be a better team player.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    In my opinion, Kimi is the fastest driver in F1, but Alonso is a better all-round package.

Kimi is like a lightbulb. He turns up at the track, plugs himself into the car, drives it as fast as it will go, then goes home.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OTA
    Ian, 1 race? Not really, it's just that some races are more telling than others. And like it or not FA seems to allways win those races.

Obviously I won't convince, nor do I aspire to do it, people that don't share my enthusiasm for FA as I have, but mate I've been enthusiastic about FA for about 15 years know, and not one day( I lie, one day Barça 2004)he's been disapointing.

You guys thinks Kimi's faster, fair enough, but it's also as fair to say that IMO Kimi is just not as fast. He gets there once in a while, but FA is alwways there.

Cheers
    David
    I don't think the issue is how good is FA, I think that is never in question, the man is an outstanding talent, the issue is, is Kimi is equal or as good as, that's where we may disagree

Would be interesting to hear an insiders point of view on Kimi, people have this impression that he just turns up and drives, I don't believe it's true.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    Would be interesting to hear an insiders point of view on Kimi, people have this impression that he just turns up and drives, I don't believe it's true.
    It's a view held by former rivals, ex-colleagues and the majority of the F1 press

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    Really doing Kimi a disservice there, you don't get to where he is without being dedicated and knowing the business, and as far as delivering? You just basing that on today's race I guess, which proves nothing.
    I don't think Kimi would have tried to catch Hamilton at the end of the race like did if he weren't dedicated.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    In my opinion, Kimi is the fastest driver in F1, but Alonso is a better all-round package.
    I think so as well.
    Formula 1

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I get the impression that the Macs worked better on a 'green' circuit. Kimi was doing lap times close Alonso's at the last stint. I can't think of another reason how Kimi found extra pace at that point in the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The best thing of all is that we have three great drivers who can fight for the title.

Most likely it will all come down to Alonso and Raikkonen but that's an exciting prospect.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I can't think of another reason how Kimi found extra pace at that point in the race.
    He didn't; but with a difference over 20 seconds, Alonso doesn't need to push. Kimi's got his best time on lap 40, 1 before his second stop, with soft tyres and empty of fuel. Fernando's got his best one on lap 42, 1 after his second stop, with hard tyres and a heavier load of fuel.

Third stint only stimulate Kimi on his attempt to chase Lewis, who was lapping clearly slower than Kimi and Fernando.