Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your most and least favourite Countries.

Just a bit of fun but apart from your own, what Countries do you most and least like and why.

I'm going to rule out any of the British Isles and concentrate on the rest of the World.

Most Favourite is probably Germany as I like the humour and friendliness and also that their way of sticking 2 fingers up when they want to such as smoking in Bars, no speed limits etc.

Also, Australia and America I enjoy.

Least favourite is Russia. Most miserable, rude Country I have ever had the displeasure to visit. I cause widespread panic whenever I visit Moscow by walking around with a huge smile on my face. It scares the bejezus out of them

Also mentions to Paris (OK, it's not a Country but..) and America again mainly for your Immigration officers

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Favourite: Kenya. Single best days travelling I have had was a day spent in Nakuru Park. Amazing. Nice climate and great scenery & wildlife. Crime, corruption and lack of education is a problem though.

Least favourite: Germany. One of the very few places that I have been to that I would go out of my way to avoid going back to. Far far too punctual and no flexibility in their rules or how people follow them.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    I think my favourite must be Greece. They seem so laid back - but things get done anyway.

Least favourite? Hard to say. There are some countries whose government attitude tends to grate. There are some whose officialdom seem to like throwing their weight about. There are some where I find many individuals have an unpleasant aggressive attitude but it isn't everyone.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    I'm not a globetrotter like you and I can't compare the countries. But definitely I love Greece - kinda weird, I haven't been there yet. My both parents were born there and our family traditions are more related to their way of life. I was always surprised by my greek relatives honesty, joy and lust for life. At the beginning I thought they're a bit silly, always laughing and enjoying even our poverty but in time I realised they were just careless and enjoying life. I also love their respect for the values of the past and for family.
    My other obsession is South America, esp. Peru and Machu Picchu in particular.

Leat fav. I don't know...Maybe a few western countries that use to look at us from the height of their civilization...

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Favourite: Kenya. Single best days travelling I have had was a day spent in Nakuru Park. Amazing. Nice climate and great scenery & wildlife. Crime, corruption and lack of education is a problem though.

Least favourite: Germany. One of the very few places that I have been to that I would go out of my way to avoid going back to. Far far too punctual and no flexibility in their rules or how people follow them.
    Oh c'mon ordnung muss sein. Sweden is quite similar in that sense that rules are rules and they must be followed
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    For favorite I'll pick Costa Rica. A beautiful country where the government is dedicated to environmentalism, granted as a way to be a tourist destination, but beautiful none the less. People are friendly and serious crime is low, though property crime is high in the cities. A very reasonable standard of living for that part of the world.

Least favorite, although I haven't been there but just looked across the border, is North Korea for all the obvious reasons.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Favorite: Switzerland, just an absolutely beautiful country with the right mindset about guns and my least favorite is England as it is just a depressing place and nothing of any real interest.
    So sad that thin skinned namby pambies infect a place and other placate to their wishes at the expense of others who have done no wrong.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Favourite: too hard to pick just one. I'm with Knock-on about Germany, and, having lived there, simply don't recognise the criticism found elsewhere — of course there are examples of those traits to be found, but no more or less so than one finds anywhere else. Nowhere is perfect, so I'm also willing to overlook the faults of France and Norway and class them amongst my favourites too.

Least favourite: again, I must agree with Knock-on and go for Russia. The place stinks of corruption at every turn — it's there around you in a way I've never seen in any other nation. It's a country with so much going for it, yet the decay caused by years of totalitarianism of one sort or another, combined more recently with the arrival of capitalism in a deeply damaging manner, is too much to be ignored. Amongst places I've never visited, North Korea is an extremely sad case for the obvious reasons, and South Africa is not somewhere I have the slightest desire to experience, given the levels of crime and certain underlying attitudes.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Most favourites for me are Italy, Ireland, and Belgium.

Least Favourites are Egypt, Spain and Turkey.

All places I have visited and formed opinions based on my experiences. I also really enjoyed America and Canada when I've visited in the past. People are friendly and welcoming and nothing seems too much trouble. Italy is probably by far my favourite as I love Italian food and wine. Visited the place a few times and loved Sicily too. I've always found the Spanish to be quite rude, but then again different cultures have different ways to express themselves. The Brits reputation in Spain also can't help of course.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Fav: Austria. Extremely cosy and comfortable country.

Least fav: Czech Republic. I spent about two hours there crossing the country by train in one direction, and then two hours on my way back. That time was enough for Czech border guards to give me hard time for no apparent reason. Czech visa clerks were rude, too.

Also, a couple words in defense of Russia. Moscow is crap, indeed, in every respect. The province is different, though. People are very cordial and open up to you once you get to know each other. There's a lot of unique culture there, too.
    Llibertat