Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Perez actually kept me in front of the tv, with his attempts at finishing as high up the order as possible from his starting position. Also known as "racing". Everyone else was just rolling around doing some advertising - including Kimi.

The tyres need to be reviewed when, as mentioned above many times, The Pinnacle of Motor Racing is lapping a good 4 to 6 seconds off of their potential.
    ok Perz kept you in front of the tv.. but he didn't finish the race ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Can anyone tell what happened to Kimi after restart? He had a steady 5th when I had to leave the live-TV, and the summari/high light TV from Viasat didn´t say anything about him, just that he finally got 10th.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Can anyone tell what happened to Kimi after restart? He had a steady 5th when I had to leave the live-TV, and the summari/high light TV from Viasat didn´t say anything about him, just that he finally got 10th.
    Perez tried to make a pass on him - there was contact. Kimi had to go to the pits for repairs putting him near last (about 16th I think), Perez eventually retired. So Kimi did quite well in the end to salvage a point.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    'Quite well' must be the understatement of the century. He was simply epic in those few laps
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

I was just trying to throw out the basics, without hyping or crapping on either driver. In the end, Kimi was on new tyres thanks to his pit stop (so didn't really need to be in tyre-conservation mode that late in the race) passing slower cars on older tyres. Still - great to see a bit of aggression & passing in Monaco - I like Kimi's style. Most of the rest of the race was like those slow bicycle races in a velodrome - but without the strategy or sprint at the end. I was really hoping Vettel would try to put some pressure on Rosberg at the end, and disappointed when it didn't happen. He proved he could turn the wick way up with that one fast lap. I guess he just doesn't consider Rosberg a threat for the championship, so didn't want to take any chances seeing as he was going to widen the gap to Kimi & Alonso, playing it safe.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    I was really hoping Vettel would try to put some pressure on Rosberg at the end, and disappointed when it didn't happen. He proved he could turn the wick way up with that one fast lap. I guess he just doesn't consider Rosberg a threat for the championship, so didn't want to take any chances seeing as he was going to widen the gap to Kimi & Alonso, playing it safe.
    Red Bull had massively higher tire wear than Merc at this race. After the first stint Vettel was told that his tires were marginal (read: He's dead, Jim), while according to Mercs pit radio Nico's tires still had some life left in them. there was at one time a rather frustrated RB radio message to Vettel, saying 'Nico's tires weren't marginal at all'. I suppose that this was the moment, when RB knew 2nd was the best they could hope for.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Yeah, I realize he did the smart thing, as chances of passing would've been slim anyway. I was just hoping to see the attack - some excitement. I'm sure he was getting all kinds of messages over the radio telling him to stay put, just bring it home..... but I also know he doesn't always listen (like with that fast lap) so I was hoping he'd go for it.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Thanks for the answer!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Sutil managed to overtake without piling into people.
    It requires the person being overtaken to not turn in........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Thanks for the answer!
    You might want to try Youtube... I'm sure video of that accident is floating around somewhere. I know there was some video of Kimis last laps to get back to 10th place.