Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Just watched the race or should I say fast forwarded through much of it. It's rare we have a sunny day in the UK so I wasn't going to spend it in front of the tv in any case. Apart from it being much like a procession, I enjoyed the fighting spirit from Perez, Vettel, Hamilton, and sutil. Brightened up another dull race. Shocked to see Felipe have an identical accident, I can't say its something a driver of his calibre would do twice, must be car trouble IMO.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    Perez did nothing wrong. Gap was there, he was close enough, Kimi deviated off the racing line at the last moment. Racing accident and silly of Kimi to risk his championship like that. If he doesn't want to be passed then maybe try staying closer to the car in front.

This is what F1 has come to in 2013. A bunch of grizzled veterans (Alonso, Kimi, Button) who don't wanna fight for position. They want everything decided by tyres, DRS or in the pits. Schumacher was still fighting tooth and nail for every position in his early 40's.
    The gap was there, only when the other drivers where diving outside of the track .. in my opinion Perez did several big mistakes and I must say that I'm pleased that he could not finish the race .. Some young drivers should definitly learn to see what's possible and what is not ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingGears
    The Monaco Grand Prix Circuit is great. Driving around at six seconds a lap slower than what the car is capable of at any given time, not so much.
    This.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Some people seem to enjoy drivers following delta times rather than risk an overtake???

Regardless that I personally believe that Kimi is more at fault for his collision with Perez as he moved in a braking zone, which is not allowed. Coupled with not leaving him a cars width into the corner.

Anyway as I was saying. F1 isnt a non contact sport people. As soon as there is any contact people are moaning. Jeeeez.

Perez on Button at the hairpin is a perfect example. Went up the inside while giving Jenson a nudge and getting through. That is a brilliant move. But people have turned soft and now say "He made contact what a dangerous driver"

This is another example of F1 and some of its fans turning soft. Dangerous moving in braking zones or weaving or running into someone is dangerous contact.

Bumping wheels is part of Racing.

Some fans here couldnt have watched F1 in the past. Look back at Andrea De Cesaris and he would be banned for life.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    This was the worst Monaco GP I remember seeing in the last 20 years. Safety cars were the only thing that made it interesting. Most of that is down to Pirelli and the Sunday cruise each car was out for at the start of the race.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Look back at Andrea De Cesaris and he would be banned for life.
    As he should have been. That man was utterly dangerous. Senna vs. Mansell is a better example. Two world class drivers giving it to each other something fierce, but in the end both finished.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Regarding Massa I also remember India 2011, when he crashed in both practice and in the race after hitting the kerb. A similar strange double-accident this time. Even if you could say Felipe made mistakes, he had some strange settings /setup, which contributed to the crash. Normally a driver wouldn't crash out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    As he should have been. That man was utterly dangerous. Senna vs. Mansell is a better example. Two world class drivers giving it to each other something fierce, but in the end both finished.
    Umm, they (or at least one of them) didn't finish after colliding in Belgium 1987, Portugal 1989, Canada 1992, Australia 1992... There must have been more that I have forgotten. :

So all of them, even the greats, have crashed and misjudged situations.

Pérez was doing great until the Kimi accident. This is where he was overoptimistic though Kimi closed the door very late too.

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Regarding Massa I also remember India 2011, when he crashed in both practice and in the race after hitting the kerb. A similar strange double-accident this time. Even if you could say Felipe made mistakes, he had some strange settings /setup, which contributed to the crash. Normally a driver wouldn't crash out like that.

Umm, they (or at least one of them) didn't finish after colliding in Belgium 1987, Portugal 1989, Canada 1992, Australia 1992... There must have been more that I have forgotten. :

So all of them, even the greats, have crashed and misjudged situations.

Pérez was doing great until the Kimi accident. This is where he was overoptimistic though Kimi closed the door very late too.
    Spot on Jens.

F1 has always had contact and has always had misjudgements leading to crashes.

Maybe back then drivers squared up or accepted it more, I dont know, but today stewards and many fans seem to think contact is a penalty.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Perez actually kept me in front of the tv, with his attempts at finishing as high up the order as possible from his starting position. Also known as "racing". Everyone else was just rolling around doing some advertising - including Kimi.

The tyres need to be reviewed when, as mentioned above many times, The Pinnacle of Motor Racing is lapping a good 4 to 6 seconds off of their potential.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    The tyres need to be reviewed when, as mentioned above many times, The Pinnacle of Motor Racing is lapping a good 4 to 6 seconds off of their potential.
    Maybe they could solve this problem simply by providing more tyres. Say you went at full qualifying pace and lapped 4 seconds a lap quicker than the guys doing delta times to make a 1 or 2 stopper. Over a 60 lap race, that gains you enough time to make an additional 10 pit stops. So even if you exhausted the tyres after 5 laps, it could be a competitive strategy given enough tyres.

Not at Monaco, of course, but somewhere where track position is less critical and passing is possible. It would be pretty crazy to watch!