Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, I'm not a Jourdain fan but man... I do feel for him.. For me it's not boring at all because I just keep the hope that he will make the field. Nothing against Legge but Jourdain is capable of so much more I think.

EDIT: Oh boy, this is so sad for Jourdain..
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Well, I'm not a Jourdain fan but man... I do feel for him.. For me it's not boring at all because I just keep the hope that he will make the field. Nothing against Legge but Jourdain is capable of so much more I think.

EDIT: Oh boy, this is so sad for Jourdain..
    I feel bad for him, but going back to CART days, he's never been able to properly sort a car.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99
    What a boring bump day. But congrats to Legge - not a bad pace for a last-minute effort.
    +1 I'm very impressed how quickly she got up to speed and put in a respectable run.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14
    Yep! Google Chrome told me indycar.com wasn't there.

Sad as it may seem, stick a fork in the Indy 500.

Attendance for yesterday's pole qualifying was astonishingly low.
    Look how few people showed up for Daytona 500 qualifying. Clearly the Daytona 500 is way more dead than the Indy 500.

[youtube]dawTPtI0i9g[/youtube]
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14
    Yep! Google Chrome told me indycar.com wasn't there.

Sad as it may seem, stick a fork in the Indy 500.

Attendance for yesterday's pole qualifying was astonishingly low
    It wasn't WNBA low. When it gets that low, then I will start to get worried.
    So sad that thin skinned namby pambies infect a place and other placate to their wishes at the expense of others who have done no wrong.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mr nobody
    It wasn't WNBA low. When it gets that low, then I will start to get worried.
    To be fair, the weather was awful. If i were a local, I think I would have stayed at home as well.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The attandance was far below that from the heyday, but given the weather, there were more than we thought we'd get. It had been increasing slightly the last few years, this year was down a bit. Carb day will be big (pending weather, and despite Poison!). Ticket sales seem ahead of last year...and it is harder to get freebies this year! Our allotment is gone....

I really feel bad for Jourdain. One of the nicest guys, and certainly not his fault. Apparently they are suspecting a bellhousing issue (cracked?) though they will og through the car. Graham confirmed the car was incredibly difficult to drive.

Huge congrats to Ed for the pole. I used to get on him quite a bit, but he has certainly put in the hard work, and he drove the wheels off that car.

I should have snapped a photo of AJ Almindinger acting as Legge's umbrella holder...great drive by Kat with such few miles on the car.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    She done good....Pleased for AJ being up so high, no pun intended. Will he win it?

CAn't wait for Sunday will be watching on ESPN UK as the race is live. Monaco GP then half till the 500 starts. This will be like the good old days for me. The missus has been warned I will be doing nothing on Sunday. Could be beer and Pizza or maybe hot dogs. Fit to burst.

4 women drivers as well, somw interest there for the casual fan. No idea who is gonna win, hope its as good as last 2 years at race end.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'd love to see Sato go one better than last year. Well, ok, that would just involve not crashing, but you know what I mean. Talking about a Sato win would have seemed insane in years gone by (Danica had more chance), but now...I think it's entirely possible. He was mighty when it mattered last year, right up to the (probably understandable) do or die effort. Be interesting to see if Penske and Ganassi get their act together. Would be nice to see a small team take the big price.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went with six of my friends on the pole day and I have to say I had a great time. Spoke with few old timers in the pit area and I think some positive baby steps will take place. I advice anyone who loves motor racing at Indy pit pass is a must. Infield was another trill with everything military imaginable was there and those guys are something very special. Beside usual critic of lack in innovation and ugly looking bumpers on the cars that don't get my blood boiling like old machines , I did observe that Indy brass doesn't pay to much attention to detail ,like hiring some college kids to spray paint rusted looking fence and white painted concrete turning brown ,and looking like junk yard. Place needed more color and festive fell in my opinion like F1 first race. I don't want to be picky but this is the place of Indycar biggest show case and should be immaculate looking especially in month of May . I think parking next to the track is pretty cheap and museum that we visit during rain,needs to raise the price and display more cars. I hope defenders of status quo go easy on my critic as my only wish is for Indycar to be successful. People where great as always and will go back for the race like every year as this is amazing place.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!