Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a mess

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Mackalaren (as Massa calls them) has, I suspect, been sandbagging again. All the BS about the car being one and a half seconds slower than Ferrari, then Alonso insisting that a lot of work needs to be done, and then they are faster than Ferrari.
    McLaren aren't faster than Ferrari.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My conclussion from today's race is that Massa is a second driver, he is not capable of delivering when he is the supposed number 1. Raikkonen on the other hand will be a serious threat to Alonso and McLaren.

Ferrari wii bounce back once they decide where each of their drivers belong.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    To those who have suggested Fred is overrated: Wrong!
    To those who have suggested Ferrari is clearly the fastest car in the field
    (myself included):Wrong!
    To those who have suggested Kimi is not the #1 driver @ Ferrari: Dead Freaking Wrong!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I get the impression that the Macs worked better on a 'green' circuit.

I think Kimi was told to run reduced revs because of the water leak problem. Otherwise he would've made a better effort to pass LH, IMHO.

Kimi was doing lap times close Alonso's at the last stint. I can't think of another reason how Kimi found extra pace at that point in the race apart from LH's car not dialled correctly for the last stint.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Massa ruined Ferrari's race at the start, but McLaren had the best car a
    I still think Ferrari is faster a couple of tenths a lap. Yes, McLaren is now very much threre but still Ferrari is faster I guess.

Massa didn't just ruin the start, his whole body language during the race talked of his frustration afterwards, he ran wide lots of times, had a completely dismal race.

Kimi got stuck behind GF, and that cost him the second spot, although no one could cathch FA after the first couple of laps.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    To those who have suggested Ferrari is clearly the fastest car in the field
    (myself included):Wrong!
    Ferrari is still tha fatest car on the grid. Massa ruined his own race, and I suspect Kimi was running with reduced revs, but I think Ferrari is still faster than everyone else.

Though not clearly faster, I agree.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    McLaren aren't faster than Ferrari.
    They were today by a very big margin actually.

Neither Ferrari driver drove bad, Massa did make some mistakes indeed and that compromised his race, but overall the car was just lacking pace. That is clear.

People thought I was joking when I claimed McLaren to be as fast as Ferrari, at least. Now I turned out to be right.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    They were today by a very big margin actually.
    I think Ferrari were tactically outsmarted by McLaren.

The Ferrari certainly isn't slower than the McLaren. Kimi was catching Lewis hand over fist in the final stint whilst both were equally fuelled and both were using the harder compound. That certainly isn't a sign of a car with a significant performance disadvantage.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    I think Ferrari were tactically outsmarted by McLaren.

The Ferrari certainly isn't slower than the McLaren. Kimi was catching Lewis hand over fist in the final stint whilst both were equally fuelled and both were using the harder compound. That certainly isn't a sign of a car with a significant performance disadvantage.
    But compare kimis pace to Alonsos pace, compare their fastest laps, compare their fastest sector times. (actually both McLaren guys set the 2 fastest sector times in every sector, by quite a big margin). Its nonsense what some people are saying that Ferrari was faster, it wasnt.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    But compare kimis pace to Alonsos pace, compare their fastest laps, compare their fastest sector times. (actually both McLaren guys set the 2 fastest sector times in every sector, by quite a big margin). Its nonsense what some people are saying that Ferrari was faster, it wasnt.
    I didn't say the Ferrari was faster today. I said that the Ferrari is still the quicker car than the McLaren. Today McLaren had their cars dialled in better than Ferrari, and they were tactically superior, but I expect Massa and Raikkonen to shut-out the front row in Bahrain.

We'll see, I guess.