Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What a mess

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Kimmi was rev limited until the 3rd stint
    Do lap times say anything about this? It seemed that Hamilton had a bad set of tyres on the 3rd stint and was loosing time against FA, but Kimi seemed to go at a steady pace. I think KR was limited all through the race, it would have been too risky to possibly loose 6 points.

Kimi´s only hope was a mistake by the rookie, which he didnt make. Another impresssive run by Lewis.

EDIT: Todt confirmed that Kimi was limited all through the race.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well the only right thing Ferrari did this race was not changing Kimi's engine, with the pace they showed there was no way he could have got on the podium if he had to start 11th or wrong.

They were unable to change their strategy accordingly.

Credit to Massa for trying to pass Hamilton but he made the same mistake twice in the same place, that's to much by F1 standards.

McLaren on the other hand use the Ferrari tactic this year, a clear no 1 and a back up option. Good for them.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Neither Ferrari driver drove bad, Massa did make some mistakes indeed and that compromised his race, but overall the car was just lacking pace...
    Massa drove badly. Error compounded by error did more than compromise his race, and that had nothng to do with the car.

Today, McLaren and their drivers did a better job than the opposition.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    not a stellar performance from Ferrari, but all the same not a disaster. if this proves to be a bad weekend, then they could do a lot less than 3rd and 5th.

I don't think Massa did anything do disprove most peoples opinions of him, that he is quick, but not consistent or smart enough under pressure, certainly not enough to fight Kimi, Alonso etc for titles. the first pass was forgivable, in fact a decent effort, but to make the same mistake twice, and worse the second time was foolish.

Kimi is a bit of an unknown, he disappointed compared to Melbourne, but i would assume that part of this was engine preservation, it seems they let him loose towards the end when 2nd was in sight and he was quick. if this was not the case then he was a bit disappointing.

as for the Ferrari strategy, that all wnet out of the window by the 2nd corner and they didn't seem to have the idea to turn things round for them, today i think McLaren just bested them, mainly in the first few hundred yards, and on the whole the cars seem very closely matched, the difference is going to be the team making the best on the day and the drivers
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    as for the Ferrari strategy, that all wnet out of the window by the 2nd corner and they didn't seem to have the idea to turn things round for them, today i think McLaren just bested them, mainly in the first few hundred yards, and on the whole the cars seem very closely matched, the difference is going to be the team making the best on the day and the drivers
    Calling Mr. Brawn! Mr. Ross Brawn. You have a call on the red line!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There were reports earlier in the week that Ferrari hadn't changed the car at all from OZ. So, perhaps they too were working on the assumption that they were quite a bit quicker. Mac and boys had made some upgrades.

So, it's not that bad all in all... it is a good wake up call to Ferrari not to rest on their laurels, and to keep developing at an intense pace all season.

Also I strongly agree with Jas123F1 that Ferrari must now break the bad news to Felipe (whom I really like) that he must now when the situation demands it, support Kimi... Mac is clearly going to do this for FA, and this has worked well for Ferrari for years... now's the time guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    Imo is that Massa ruined both Ferrari' drivers race at the start. and then his own making mistake when he tried to pass Lewis.

I think it must be VERY close now that Massa will be degraded to a second driver in the team with his 7 points for the season. Kimi has now 16 points and doesn’t make (almost) any mistakes. He lost the Championships lead because of his team mate was fighting against him more than competitors. I think that Kimi counted that Massa will go to right in the start and try to prevent Alonso to go pass, but Massa seems to be more troubled for his team mate than for Alonso.

Ferrari has paid too much money for Kimi to have a team mate who is staying in front of him and letting the worst competitors go. Comparing with McLaren’s perfect race tactics Ferraris was like an “amateurs evening”. I hope Ferrari team realised that situation has changes and fighting must start in Bahrain, if they doesn’t do it now it’s maybe too late when racing starts in Europe. If Alonso get too big cap to Kimi he hasn’t any chance to reduce it, I’m afraid.

However congratulations to Alonso and Lewis (what a rookie !!) for a perfect race.