Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    This is my issue with it too. I also want specific reasons why so-and-so gets a different penalty than so-and-so, and i want it to be logical and hence fair.

I'm sure people recall vettel's completely nonsense 20 second AFTER RACE penalty last year.

What a farce.
    Go away.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh dear. What happens if you get a Gutierrez-type racing for a bottom team incapable of scoring? Negative points by the end of the season lol! Wonder if they'll actually have to PAY prize money to Bernie at the end of the year...
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webberf1
    Oh dear. What happens if you get a Gutierrez-type racing for a bottom team incapable of scoring? Negative points by the end of the season lol! Wonder if they'll actually have to PAY prize money to Bernie at the end of the year...
    The only penalty points system I would support requires some form of payment to me!!!

I think they're going for a cumulative points system similar to domestic systems. You clock up a couple of points here and a couple of points there and next thing you're on 11 points and driving like a grandmother.

The problem I see with this is "point creep" into the future. Drivers may eventually lose points for infringements that could be very minor. It will be shrugged off until they see a real threat to title positions. Thats what happens in the real world with these types of systems - points are pretty much ignored until the cliff is visible.

Drivers could tick up half a dozen points in no time at all if the list of offences becomes frivolous enough. We could even see multiple drivers being outed for the same race towards the end of a season. Uggh.