Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That was a superb race, it's been a while since I said "Wow" after a road/street course race in the IndyCar Series.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    That was a superb race, it's been a while since I said "Wow" after a road/street course race in the IndyCar Series.

Great Racing!! The gloves are off on street courses now!!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excelent racing, Sato was consitent in his defense and covered the inside line the same way each lap. Great finnish and a great race. This season has been epic so far. Hats off to ESPN uk for showing the race live. Will they be showing the 500 live??? Can't wait.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're right Thurst-"Epic" season so far. Great racing-what driving skills by multiple drivers. Race and Sport fans not tuning in are missing a classic year. On a side note, frustrating race for Kanaan. Home town hero running out of gas? How does that happen these days? Hope Servia's team can be rewarded with sponsorship-they really have earned a full year of funding with their performance. Enjoying the broadcast's team enthusiam too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agree with you, 100%, gutted for TK and the fans. Hope Servia gets a ride or the team gets the funds they need. He has always been a good racer, never forget his stint with Newman Haas, back in the ay. There was a time I would miss F1 races and only watch CART races. Those days are coming back, the series is getting good again.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Another great race. Takuma Sato now leads the championship. Who could have predicted this. It looks like Honda engines are able to keep up with Chevy's now.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well I was screaming at the TV as Hinch started to reel in Newgarden and Sato. The end though was epic stuff. Sato is AJ's kind of driver alright, he gives no quarter. I cannot recall too many races in any series that had me up and cheering like this one...and ya, being a member of Hinch's nation is part of it..but I was just floored....wow!
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Well I was screaming at the TV as Hinch started to reel in Newgarden and Sato. The end though was epic stuff. Sato is AJ's kind of driver alright, he gives no quarter. I cannot recall too many races in any series that had me up and cheering like this one...and ya, being a member of Hinch's nation is part of it..but I was just floored....wow!
    Hey Mark!!! Haven't seen you in these parts in a while. Welcome back.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Loved the race, but I think Sato was blocking. If he wants to be that close to the inside of the corner, he needs to establish that position well before his pursuer heads for the hole.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    Loved the race, but I think Sato was blocking. If he wants to be that close to the inside of the corner, he needs to establish that position well before his pursuer heads for the hole.
    I thought he was taking chances with those moves, but at the same time I think the first move may have been accentuated by Newgarden's feint. Was certainly robust, let's say that much. Be interesting to see if having the points lead changes his and Foyt's approach. Sato has never been one to play the percentages, but now he's leading the series, he might himself being told to settle for certain results rather than going all out. Be interesting to see how the team handles it.

One thing I did find interesting was how well Sato was able to look after his tyres. Given how hard Newgarden was attacking him, their relative drop off was interesting to observe. Newgarden all but burnt the tyres off his car, yet Sato had enough left to defend against Hinch, even when he was out of push to pass. The error at the last corner was pretty small considering how hard he'd been driving and how long he'd been on that set, and was as much about Hinch being alive to the opportunity as anything else. Seems Taku can be somehow smooth yet aggressive at the same time.
    No longer active on this forum