Thread: iRacing

Hybrid View

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

iRacing

I'm thinking of getting into iRacing in my free time. Having watched tons of videos, the idea of serious racers, clean racing, and always finding a race interests me.

Has anybody tried iRacing or is currently a member? How has the experience been? Any bad or good experiences?

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Bump

Who else on here uses Iracing?

I've been racing for a year and had some incredible races, and some incredibly frustrating moments (crashing out at Bathurst in a Skip Barber on the last lap when leading by 30sec).

Thinking about taking it to the next level and getting some new pedals as I think the standard logitech pedals don't give any braking feel.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Has anyone been racing the 911 GT3 Cup car?

It's the most fun car on Iracing so far.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey, is this game worth trying if you don't have a steering wheel? I play racing games using keyboard + mouse exclusively. Will I be able to stay competetive?

Quote Originally Posted by Highspeedlover View Post
    Hey, is this game worth trying if you don't have a steering wheel? I play racing games using keyboard + mouse exclusively. Will I be able to stay competetive?
    No.
    Iracing is a simulation so you need to be able to modulate the throttle and brakes as you would in real life. You might get away with a gamepad but ideally you need a steering wheel and pedals.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (31st March 2020)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Absolutely love it