5th July 2020, 11:45
For now, after SS5 Castelo Branco, Pedro Antunes is 9th overall
Big problems for Pedro Almeida though, I guess mechanical
5th July 2020, 13:35
I’m not there but from what I’ve heard Almeida went off on SS5 and yesterday he lost time changing a punctured wheel; Antunes times are mindblowing!
Btw, nice figth for the overall win, with Magalhães trying to catch Araújo. Gutted for Fontes issues; he’s always fast in Castelo Branco.
5th July 2020, 18:50
Congrats to Araújo, codriver Ramalho and the Racing Factory team for a brilliant win on Rali de Castelo Branco. Magalhães brave efforts in the i20 weren’t enough to beat the Fabia driver while Fontes (C3) ruined his chances with a broken rear arm on SS5; apparently Teodósio was never able to match those 3 and so wasn’t Meireles in the Polo. Great debut for the 208 Rally4, with a striking win for Paulo Antunes in the 2wd category. Some issues for Gil Antunes on his Dacia R4 debut, still enough to beat Teotónio on an Evo X, the best N4. Pascoal in a 911 4.0 Cup was the best GT and on an old SC version José Cruz won the historic class. Next CPR event is expected to be Rali Vinho da Madeira (6-8 of August).
Rali de Castelo Branco Top 10:
1. Armindo Araújo/Luís Ramalho - Skoda Fabia R5 Evo; 54:53.2
2. Bruno Magalhães/Carlos Magalhães - Hyundai i20 R5; +0:07.3
3. Ricardo Teodósio/José Teixeira - Skoda Fabia R5 Evo; +0:43.0
4. Pedro Meireles/Mário Castro - Volkswagen Polo R5; +1:12.4
5. João Barros/Jorge Henriques - Citroen C3 R5; +2:00.9
6. Miguel Correia/António Costa - Skoda Fabia R5; +2:25.1
7. Manuel Castro/Ricardo Cunha - Skoda Fabia R5; +2:37.5
8. Carlos Martins/José Pedro Silva – Citroen DS3 R5; +3:24.8
9. Pedro Antunes/Pedro Alves – Peugeot 208 Rally4; +3:27.1
10. José Pedro Fontes/Inês Ponte - Citroen C3 R5; +4:51.0
video by Rosmanão: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRkGtkqr6Cs
video by WRCantabria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K57moVk3plU
video by AsportZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sflqe3D1raU