Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aprc 2013

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Entry lists of rally Whangarei published: Entry Lists - International Rally of Whangarei 17?19 May 2013 I am asking myself: Who will Esapekka Lappi compete with? 16 people and only his teammate in same class. If they both have factory or half-factory cars, the difference between them and rest of field would be galactically big. Maybe Hayden Paddon who runs only in NZ field would be a little bit faster, but not as fast as factory fabia s2000.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Fabias will be on MRF tyres so Hayden theoretically can be an opponent.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Ý kiến của bạn hay quá, rất động đáo.
    Mình cảm ơn bạn nhiều, chia sẻ của bạn rất hữu ích.
    Hãy chia sẽ những ý kiến hay hơn nữa nhé.
    Cảm ơn và trân trọng.

Your comments are so good and special.
    Thank you much, your share is useful.
    Let's share more ideas like this.
    Thanks and best regards.

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Fabias will be on MRF tyres so Hayden theoretically can be an opponent.
    So IF Paddon is faster what does that then prove? It's either Lappi is not used to NZ roads and it's Paddon's favourite rally, the MRF tyres are useless, or Paddon is actually a very fast driver and deserves further recognition. I highly doubt anybody will acknowledge the third IF it does happen, even though it is apparent to myself and a few fellow members that this may be such the case.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

No, You got it wrong. I have a huge respect for Hayden Paddon but fact is that in normal conditions the difference between S2000 and gr.N cars is so huge that considering known level of Lappi it shall be close to impossible for Hayden to keep with him. That is as I said in normal conditions. One of the biggest questions here is the tyres. I don't say they are useless and I actually don't think so but on the other hand I keep considering Michelin as the very best rally tyres available. All in all hats off for Hayden if he wins. Here on forum it's often seen that many members acts like Hayden is somehow underrated. Definitely he isn't, be sure we all know about him.

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    No, You got it wrong. I have a huge respect for Hayden Paddon but fact is that in normal conditions the difference between S2000 and gr.N cars is so huge that considering known level of Lappi it shall be close to impossible for Hayden to keep with him. That is as I said in normal conditions. One of the biggest questions here is the tyres. I don't say they are useless and I actually don't think so but on the other hand I keep considering Michelin as the very best rally tyres available. All in all hats off for Hayden if he wins. Here on forum it's often seen that many members acts like Hayden is somehow underrated. Definitely he isn't, be sure we all know about him.
    Yes you are exactly right. Lappi is a very good benchmark, and he is my new favourite up and coming driver at the moment. I just wish Skoda would share there support a bit more. A full WRC2, Czech championship and APRC campaign seems as awful lot for just one driver when there are a lot of young up and coming drivers who could use a bit of that support. Not sure the details on who is paying for the APRC deal though. However I guess he has earned the factory support with his results so far which is fair enough.
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

I'm afraid WRC2 is closed chapter for Lappi besides NORF and maybe Australia with MRF. It looks like it's VW strategy to have Wiegand there winning...

Lappi will do only one full championship, the APRC. Here in CZ he is supposed to do only several single events to learn driving on asphalt (ERC Barum sure). Škoda Motorsport is not present in our championship this year presumably because of the present negative media image of rallying here. I believe it's possible he could do several extra events in ERC too. It's still a lot of events but it's all a bit too messy...

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    Well, if that part about VW and Wiegand is true, than it all sucks. Lappi in APRC where he can´t compare with anybody (except Gill) and Wiegand in WRC2 again with anybody to compare with. Yes, you can say that in WRC2 there is a lot of good drivers, but nobody like Wiegand with such a massive support. Anyway happy for Lappi at Barum.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    bear in mind that Hayden has updated the spec of the E9 to R4. so i don't believe it will be night and day between him and Lappi.
    despite all my rage i\'m still just a rat in a (roll) cage

That's good news definitely