Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aprc 2013

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Of course, any battle between them will be of major interest to fans, of little to the drivers concerned and of absolutely none to their respective teams, unless Hayden actually registers for APRC (unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by smokin'joe
    bear in mind that Hayden has updated the spec of the E9 to R4. so i don't believe it will be night and day between him and Lappi.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    I'm afraid WRC2 is closed chapter for Lappi besides NORF and maybe Australia with MRF. It looks like it's VW strategy to have Wiegand there winning...
    That would be a shame. I must say I don't really like VW's strategy of controlling everything the way they want it to.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With our rules being opened up here in NZ this year I would expect Westy & Mason to be on Lappi's pace if not ahead and Paddon further ahead. Few guys running R4 (some not true R4 but similar spec's) and 36mm restrictor.
    Also sad that is Hawkeswood's last outing in his Audi replica.

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comal
    With our rules being opened up here in NZ this year I would expect Westy & Mason to be on Lappi's pace if not ahead and Paddon further ahead. Few guys running R4 (some not true R4 but similar spec's) and 36mm restrictor.
    Also sad that is Hawkeswood's last outing in his Audi replica.
    Mason and Westy will be miles behind Lappi, Paddon maybe just on par. I expect Gill to be just behind Paddon and Lappi and just infront of the rest of the NZders. Don't underestimate Lappi's speed, he will be fast
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    I expect the weather, tyre choice and road position to be the key factors at Whangarei. The rain model shows some rain moving in for the rally after being dry before the rally. If it is wet, drivers near the front could be better off. I would expect both Skoda S2000s to be quicker than the local drivers if it is wet.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leighton323
    Mason and Westy will be miles behind Lappi, Paddon maybe just on par. I expect Gill to be just behind Paddon and Lappi and just infront of the rest of the NZders. Don't underestimate Lappi's speed, he will be fast
    That's interesting, can You be more specific who would use 36 mm restrictor in Whangarei? If I understand right locals will run it and will be therefore in different classification than APRC drivers?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Ben Hunt's Impreza is entered in APRC. The Regs are at NZ Rally Championship | MotorSport New Zealand (18th December 2012 the bottom entry - maximum of 36 mm restrictor)

As Humber, states there is only one NZ crew running an N4 car in the APRC round. All other NZ 4WD crews are running to NZ1 regulations in the piggyback National event that follows behind. So on Day1 Paddon will be driving the stages about 40mins after Lappi.
    That's interesting, can You be more specific who would use 36 mm restrictor in Whangarei? If I understand right locals will run it and will be therefore in different classification than APRC drivers?

As Humber states, there is only one NZ crew running an N4 car in the APRC round. All other NZ 4WD crews are running to NZ1 regulations in the piggyback National event that follows behind. So on Day1 Paddon will be driving the stages about 40mins after Lappi.