Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i thought vettel was incredible in the dying laps when he had permission to reel off 5 consecutive qualifying laps with the soft tyres. look at what button could do with the same tyres? he cooked them after a lap.

alonso won because he had the best car.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Fernando Alonso was driver of the race for me.
    An utterly faultless drive where he showed why he is one of the very best out there IMO. Honourable mention to Ricciardo who had a fantastic qualifying session and finished a solid 7th even if Webber made contact and hindered him. A great display in qualifying also from Hamilton to give Mercedes their first pole since the great Stirling Moss. A solid race from Lewis too. Quite an exciting race overall.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    look at what button could do with the same tyres? he cooked them after a lap.
    That's not correct. Button did his fastest lap on the final lap of the race. One look at the different tactical situations they were in after the last pit stop will tell you why they made different choices about how to use the tyres in the final stint.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Alonso won because he had the best car.
    And Massa finished 7th because..........
    May the forza be with you

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Daniel Ricciardo

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Fernando Alonso was driver of the race for me.
    An utterly faultless drive where he showed why he is one of the very best out there IMO. Honourable mention to Ricciardo who had a fantastic qualifying session and finished a solid 7th even if Webber made contact and hindered him. A great display in qualifying also from Hamilton to give Mercedes their first pole since the great Stirling Moss. A solid race from Lewis too. Quite an exciting race overall.
    agree with everything you say, except that Rosberg got pole at the very same race last year
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    agree with everything you say, except that Rosberg got pole at the very same race last year
    I thought he did but obviously with the BBC saying on no less than 3 ocassions yesterday that Lewis had indeed achieved that feat I ignored my curiosity. I would hold my hands up on that fact but the BBC have to take the blame for that one. Perhaps they meant Lewis had made history by becoming the first British Mercedes driver since Moss? Doesn't really impress when its put like that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    And Massa finished 7th because..........
    because massa has been a shadow of what he was since his accident, because ferrari put him back behind hamilton and kimi by making him go around another lap.

make no mistake that ferrari was easily the quickest car out there yesterday. what massa does isn't relevant.

because massa has been a shadow of what he was since his accident, because ferrari put him back behind hamilton and kimi by making him go around another lap.

make no mistake that ferrari was easily the quickest car out there yesterday. what massa does isn't relevant.
    Felipe has been back on form of late as seen in recent races. The team made the wrong call with him yesterday IMO.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Felipe has been back on form of late as seen in recent races. The team made the wrong call with him yesterday IMO.
    Even so, he was absolutely worthless when on the primes. He was unable to be anywhere near Alonso's pace, let alone overtake. While Fernando managed to overtake pretty much everyone he had in front, Felipe just dropped backwards.