Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Busch Series without Buschwackers

What do you think the Busch Series would be like without Buschwackers. Would the racing be better or worse.
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Worse. A whole lot worse. Remember when they ran at Martinsville last year and it was a wreckfest even with the Cup regulars? Yea, imagine that every week. The Cup drivers need to be there to teach the few who are working their way up how to actually drive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do you know why there are so many buschwackers.

because the cup teams don't need a new young driver.

you look at Hendrick, RCR, Joe Gibbs, Roush, DEI, Yates, Penske, Evernham and they don't need a new young driver for a program, they all already have young talented drivers.

so why have other young guys who don't have as much exprience wreck alot of the Busch cars out of the stable.

I don't think the racing will be much worse, as you will still see great racing.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ...and more drivers running every race. Think there are only about 15 drivers running the whole schedule this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hate this topic with a passion. When has there ever been a Busch race without the so-called Buschwhackers entered into it?

When I first started watching Nascar years ago, drivers like Davey Allison, Dale Jarrett, Harry Gant & Darrell Waltrip were flying up to the Milwaukee Mile from Daytona on a red eye to race in a Busch race.

(Back then...Robbie Reiser was driving the #17 in the Busch races)
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nazerath and Milwaulkee in 2004 only had Greg Biffle entered out of the Cup Regulars and that was only because he was a full timer.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In the early 90's the tracks had what was called Promoters' Options and they used them to invite a couple of Cup drivers to the race and assure them of a start. They wanted a couple of big names to put butts in the seats. No one has a problem with a couple of Cup drivers being entered into Busch races but when the field has 25 or more Cup drivers, it loses it's identity and becomes mini Cup. There have been some great drivers who never went to Cup and made the Busch Series their home for their entire career. They made for good races. That's what we need again, but it's never gonna happen. The cost has gotten too great partly because the Superteams brought their big money to the series, so unless the Cup teams that have Busch teams will put a non Cup driver in their cars fulltime, we'll be stuck with what we've got until the series folds. A lot of people love it because they get to see some of the bigger names at a lower price, but many longtime fans find it boring to watch the haves beat up on the have nots week in and week out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Excatly my point NASCARWidow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No BuschWackers=no tv ratings and $$$ talks.
    \" can do it all but not all the time!!!\"
    Lead, follow or just get the hell out of the way

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The busch series was much better when you had the occasional cup driver entering the field and a bunch of busch regulars. A driver could make a living outside of cup so you had a bunch of Busch veterans.. I really want to
    see the seven race rule extended backwards.