Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Busch used to have the regulars only dealing with Cup Drivers doing some one off efforts with small teams. Now Roush and everyone else uses it as an opportunity to expand their reach, money and influence and get some track time to help the Cup efforts indirectly. I would have to say NASCAR is the ONLY racing organization in the world that has the top drivers playing down in the "triple A" ranks on a regular basis. You don't see F1 drivers playing in GP2, or other OW drivers running around running Atlantic or Formula Fords.

I think at some point, Busch has to stand on its own. Craftsman Truck seems to, with ex Cup drivers being part of the culture. Busch right now is a mix of Cup guys with a few up and coming drivers and a couple of never wills.....and I just don't get that excited about it. Give me a support series with its own culture, and I could become a fan....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a suggested Busch field without Cup Drivers.

Finch Racing #1 Randy LaJoie? Not like he has anything better.

RCR #2 Whatever happened to Brandon Miller? #21 Timmothy Peters full time #29 Scott Wimmer full time

Hendrick #5 Justin Labonte #24 Dennis Setzer full time

Rousch #6 Eric Darnell #16 Todd Kluever #60 Travis Kvapil

Joe Gibbs #18 Brad Coleman #19 Kevin Conway #20 Aric Almiorola

KHI #33 Cale Gale #77 Kertus Davis

Ganasi #41 Maybe Ashton Lewis until Bryan Clausan is old enougth to drive #42 Kevin Hamlin

MWR #99 Joey Miller

Braun Racing #10 John Andretti or Chad Blount

Brewco #27 Jason Keller full time. #37 Casey Atwood?

Rensi #25 Richard Johns full time

Fitz Racing #22 Carlos Contreras?

Jay Robinson #28 Robert Richardson full time
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikkonenRules
    Nazerath and Milwaulkee in 2004 only had Greg Biffle entered out of the Cup Regulars and that was only because he was a full timer.
    For what it's worth...Johnny "the weapon" Sauter ran Milwaukee in 2004 and was considered full time in Cup, until he got the axe by RCR.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BFK9INC
    No BuschWackers=no tv ratings and $$$ talks.
    If the series was on life support, there would be 20 doom & gloom threads going on right now. Mark knows what I'm talking about.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the Nashville race was excellent until Edwards took over.

Edwards has already won the championship, he will now easily shatter Harvick's record for most points won by. but noone is running full-time with equipment and exprience of his. Its sort of sad to see Edwards just make the Busch series look like a joke.

I would like to see Nascar down sice the amount of cost for the Busch series and Nascar finally put their foot down and tell the Nextel Cup guys a 5 race limit in Busch series races, the Nextel cup crew chief and crew can't field a car with their Nextel Cup driver
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

I think Cup drivers in a Busch race make it look like a joke. I can see a big race, like maybe a road course, or even Daytona ,Dega, or Bristol, but every race except maybe 3 or 4 is just crazy. If I were a Busch only team, I'd sue.
    Long live openwheel