Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,219 of 1219
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Off-topic: @Dimviii, please clear your inbox.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    done Tom.

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
    Our photos from Rally Deutschland:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3968955&type=1
    Web: www.wr-x.com
    Twitter: World Rally Xtreme @WrxCom, Facebook: World Rally Xtreme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not sure if this has been posted already, but full (3x25 min) event highlights are now available on World Rally Championship - Video and also with the following links: -> Friday Highlights Full Version <-
    -> Saturday Highlights Full Version <- -> Sunday Highlights Full Version <-

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

My Deutschland reflections

Second time at Rally D and interestingly far less UK fans than in 2010 - something to do with only having Elfyn to get behind?

Different campsite this time - mistake. East of our tent a bunch of Belgian guys who were very pleasant and we had a number of conversations about how the rally was progressing during the weekend. West of our tent a tribe of Belgian neanderthals (mmm could be a good name for a stage..) who played loud crap music when they returned to their tents at 1.00 am. All the guys were 30 plus but behaved like they were 16

While I'm on the subject, next time I go to Rally D I'll prepare with a high sausage and beer diet to be able to compete with the international farting champions, yep the Belgians won. Germany second, Poland and Czech Rep a long way behind (see what I did there )

Very delighted to find that beer prices in Aldi and Lidl are LOWER than 2010!! 29c for 4.9% Pilsner, 25c for Weissbier - Happy days Also the German brandy for the late night campfire coffee at 5euro a botle was a pleasant discovery.

The Thierry Neuville supporters club were camped on the same site as me. They were delighted with the progress of their man, both on the stages and in their evening parties (Dutch guys near them were constantly chanting "JARI MATTI LATVALAAAA"). They should have been warned that currently there is no medical procedure that will remove an air horn from the back passage! Thierry was on fire all the Rally and clearly is a winner before too long - I think it's a shame that his increased level of professionalism meant that he couldn't spare even 1 hour with his fans one evening (yes they had made a request).

I found the marshalling friendly, adequate number-wise and relaxed but insufficiently aware of certain aspects of the job. Although they were using the whistle for warning purposes (as opposed to the Spanish traffic cop impersonation) on a number of occasions I saw them clustering so 2-3 whistles were sounding simultaneously rather than sequentially over the assigned spacing along the stage.

[attachment=1:2o7rk281]9611358119_59970119f2_n.jpg[/attachment:2o7rk281]

Sauertal - marshalling was difficult with early-rally over exuberance!

On the subject of Sauertal - the PR was that this would be a stage in the dark! Not so for WRC! Only Al Qassimi had light pods on and the first pod illumination was courteousy of Kubica (Al Attiyah did have his heads on). Roll on Gwydyr / Cloc for proper darkness!

Luckily I got to see PG during shakedown (briefly). Why is he wasting his cash with the company who prepare that bag of ****. He is doing nothing to enhance his reputation and can't possibly put in a worthwhile performance in such poorly prepared equipment. He would have been better advised to demonstrate if he was quicker than Kubica and Evans in a R5 / S2000 if he wanted to impress Hyundai.

Heard Ogier's overshoot on SS3 and saw him limp past followed shortly by JML - interesting that it wasn't a rock that got JML this time although indirectly it was a Hinkelstein! Found a non-official place in 2 different locations for Mittelmosel but timings meant I went to yellow netting zones for the rest of the rally - still enjoyable to compare techniques.

Paddon, Evans and Kubica would all be fantastic to see in WRC cars and I fear that Mads has declined in performance this year, while Evgeny (First Stage !!! ) is badly in need of the old head of Giraudet.

Finally Mikko was the Hyena, and Prokop the Vulture - sad comment that the third podium went to someone who barely set a top 3 time! But Dani was finally the wiley fox who judged his pace to perfection. It was wonderful to see him pose and sign for his fans for sooo long at the pre-podium parc ferme. Thoroughly deserved for a pair of good guys (Carlos is also a real human)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/s...7635277998267/
    is my set of digital images - 35mm in about a week
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Regarding PG it´s not so easy, but you have a point.
    He doesn´t put in own money. He´s invited to drive.
    After RG he was very disappointed to the team and had talks with Tamrazov of the poor maintenance of the car. They told him they forgot to change waterpump, which was on the maintenance list.
    They have promised him better things from now on and he decided, according to swedish newspaper, that he will drive in Catalunya (?) as well.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Regarding PG it´s not so easy, but you have a point.
    He doesn´t put in own money. He´s invited to drive.
    After RG he was very disappointed to the team and had talks with Tamrazov of the poor maintenance of the car. They told him they forgot to change waterpump, which was on the maintenance list.
    They have promised him better things from now on and he decided, according to swedish newspaper, that he will drive in Catalunya (?) as well.
    Thanks for the info Per. It was so sad to see the PG service bay already packing away on Friday afternoon before the competitors returned
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    This is really incredible. Different driving style, different car, yet their pace is so close one can wonder if the videos were edited. I think Latvala loses it at around 10 min in a hairpin, giving off around one second which seems like an eternity compared to the rest of the video. Really nice pick by the promoter there, terrific to watch.