Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO
    Killing people to increase the show is not a good move.
    Are you aware that standing starts are considered safer than rolling starts because speeds at the first turn are lower?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    I think it's a decent idea, but only if the clutch etc can cope with it. The ChampCar standing starts were a joke and I think the series could do without bad publicity at the moment.
    IMHO standings starts went off without a hitch in CC. I was at the Portland race and 5 other tracks in 2007 and it made for more exciting and safer starts.

First Champ Car standing start - Portland - YouTube

Enjoy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Standing starts are fun to watch in F1. They're part of F1 culture. However, indeed a dumb move by someone could end this tragically. I think F1 fans still vividly remember the crash at the 2012 Belgium GP, where a flying Lotus could have easily chopped off Alonso's head. But then, that's the way motorsport is. IndyCar, NASCAR, and WRC cars do stupid dangerous things as is without standing starts.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    IRL shouldn't do standing starts, we are not friggin' Champ Car!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Your way of thinking is wrong. We are all now Indycar as we where in 90s, yes with a joke of the product that once was.Many of us united again support and love Indy and open wheel. I strongly suggest you do the same. Looking forward to the future and hope for open developement and competition with new ideas from some great people and enjoy having honest conversation with passionate fans who want this thing to secede.Standing starts ,why not,mixed up.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    We're not friggin IRL either. We are Indycar and if you don't like what the product is or is to become then I guess you need to find something you do like or want.
    So sad that thin skinned namby pambies infect a place and other placate to their wishes at the expense of others who have done no wrong.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The cars don't have launch control, and only the chevy cars have anti-stall system. The cars not able to do standing starts, and yes there are a lot of drivers who did standing starts a lot of year ago, and some of them never did, and this will be cause some major(hopefully not fatal) crash.

Every time a driver leaves the pits during a race they execute a standing start......They don't seem to have much of a problem then so why would you expect mayhem during standing starts?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Every time a driver leaves the pits during a race they execute a standing start......They don't seem to have much of a problem then so why would you expect mayhem during standing starts?
    Have you ever seen a race?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Have you ever seen a race?
    I would say so. In fact I can go on and on about how many races I have attended and even worked at but I won't.

Instead I will just ask you one simple question....................Have you?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Tony, I wouldn't waste my time with this poster. First, he/she doesn't know as much about racing as they think they do and second, by using a derogatory term about a prior series, it looks like he/she is just trying to pick a fight. Don't take the bait.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover