Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari33
    Combined with the new tyres, future Merc development may allow Lewis to have a serious crack at the WDC. However I'm not convinced they have opened up a clear performance advantage over Red Bull just yet. I reckon Hungary would have been a very different race with Vettel snapping at Hamiltons heels if he (Vettel) had not been held up by Button for so long. I guess Spa might tell us more.

If anyone is sure that Merc have opened up a clear advantage and Lewis has a very good chance at the WDC this year, they might feel the betting odds are pretty good right now (currently around 8/1 for Lewis vs 1/4 for Seb!).
    To be honest, I don't think they need a clear advantage over the Red Bulls. They have Lewis Hamilton. Give him a car that is there or thereabouts and the fastest driver in the world will do the rest

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Combined with the new tyres, future Merc development may allow Lewis to have a serious crack at the WDC. However I'm not convinced they have opened up a clear performance advantage over Red Bull just yet. I reckon Hungary would have been a very different race with Vettel snapping at Hamiltons heels if he (Vettel) had not been held up by Button for so long. I guess Spa might tell us more.

If anyone is sure that Merc have opened up a clear advantage and Lewis has a very good chance at the WDC this year, they might feel the betting odds are pretty good right now (currently around 8/1 for Lewis vs 1/4 for Seb!).
    If Mercedes had a much better car than RB, then there would be no competition. Hamilton is far better and faster than The Chosen One at Red Bull, Heck, Rosberg is probably faster too.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Yes. I belive that Lewis will need a very good car if he should beat Seb for the title or even beat Kimi. Last year as this year before the last month, Nico has won three race with that car, adorable.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    If Mercedes had a much better car than RB, then there would be no competition. Hamilton is far better and faster than The Chosen One at Red Bull, Heck, Rosberg is probably faster too.
    Not sure I'd fully agree. Vettels consistency has really impressed me over the years even if he has had a very good car. I guess it depends on what your definition of "far better and far faster" is.
    If they were team mates at Merc or Red Bull, I think Lewis would might average one tenth of a second qualy advantage over the course of a season but I would not call that "far faster".
    Like or loathe Seb you have to admit his consistency is top drawer.

Not sure I'd fully agree. Vettels consistency has really impressed me over the years even if he has had a very good car. I guess it depends on what your definition of "far better and far faster" is.
    If they were team mates at Merc or Red Bull, I think Lewis would might average one tenth of a second qualy advantage over the course of a season but I would not call that "far faster".
    Like or loathe Seb you have to admit his consistency is top drawer.
    I'm not sure where you come up with this one tenth of a second advantage from but I do believe that Lewis would hammer him in qualifying, personally. Seb has a team working for him to make the car to his liking. If Lewis were his teammate and they had level pecking terms, like there is at Mercedes, then I doubt very much Seb would look as good as he does.

I'm not sure what you mean by consistency either about Seb. Last year in Malaysia he cut across Narain and ruined his own race. It still enrages me that Narain got a penalty for that. He has done plenty of stupid things Seb. In fairness, to give him credit, he is a fantastic driver, but he has been made look better than he is by being given number 1 status in a team that has produced the fastest car for the last 3 and now 4 seasons on the trot.

Lewis, on the other hand since his 2011 woes, has been a model of consistency and really got his act straightened out. I can't remember the last time he actually made a mistake. You can see he is now beginning to embed himself nicely into the Mercedes team and we're really beginning to witness his true quality.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Have to say it, it wont happen this year, and with the engine Mercedes got next year, you have to be a beliver. Most people are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Have to say it, it wont happen this year, and with the engine Mercedes got next year, you have to be a beliver. Most people are here.
    He's only 48 points behind with 9 races remaining. There are tracks approaching that won't exactly suit the RBR. It's a difficult task but it is doable. Remember, 48 points is only 19 points in the old system. We all remember Kimi in 2007.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    does anybody still think "battle" is the correct word

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    does anybody still think "battle" is the correct word
    well technically it still is, as Rosberg still has 2 wins to Hamilton's 1
    lets hope it is all square after the Spa race
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    I'm not sure where you come up with this one tenth of a second advantage from but I do believe that Lewis would hammer him in qualifying, personally. Seb has a team working for him to make the car to his liking. If Lewis were his teammate and they had level pecking terms, like there is at Mercedes, then I doubt very much Seb would look as good as he does.
    That's of course entirely a personal opinion.

I'm not sure what you mean by consistency either about Seb. Last year in Malaysia he cut across Narain and ruined his own race. It still enrages me that Narain got a penalty for that. He has done plenty of stupid things Seb. In fairness, to give him credit, he is a fantastic driver, but he has been made look better than he is by being given number 1 status in a team that has produced the fastest car for the last 3 and now 4 seasons on the trot.

Oh please. If Vettel's one mistake from one year ago makes still makes you lose sleep, then maybe you should take some anger management lessons.