Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari33
    Like or loathe Seb you have to admit his consistency is top drawer.
    It is easy to be consistent when your car is much faster than that of your rivals. If he was really consistent he would have won pretty much every race of the past few seasons, because RB has been the fastest and best car in almost every race.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    It is easy to be consistent when your car is much faster than that of your rivals. If he was really consistent he would have won pretty much every race of the past few seasons, because RB has been the fastest and best car in almost every race.
    Have another one:

And keep it at hand, you'll need it a lot.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Except that you didn't get your facts right. The best car for most of last season was the McLaren. Had they not made every mistake in the book when it comes to strategy and pitstops, Vettel would've gotten nowhere near the title and Hamilton would have two by now. And besides, the best car doesn't mean an automatic win - Webber is living proof of that.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Except that you didn't get your facts right. The best car for most of last season was the McLaren. Had they not made every mistake in the book when it comes to strategy and pitstops, Vettel would've gotten nowhere near the title and Hamilton would have two by now. And besides, the best car doesn't mean an automatic win - Webber is living proof of that.
    Still, to be truly great, Vettel needs to win races and the WDC in another team. Until that, it's always about Newey's car etc.
    “Leave me alone!”

Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Still, to be truly great, Vettel needs to win races and the WDC in another team. Until that, it's always about Newey's car etc.
    Alonso never won a title in anything but a Renault, Button never in anything but a Brawn, Lewis never in anything but a McLaren, Hakkinen never in anything but a Newey designed McLaren, Mansell never but in a Newey designed Williams, same for Hill and Villeneuve. And Schumacher never won a title in a car that wasn't designed by Rory Byrne. I suppose all of those aren't really that great then??

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    that really not a sound argument

pretty much every F1 great has won in dominant cars
    with only 3 (greats that is) havign won their titles with 2 different manufacturers
    Schumi and prost, and Piquet
    aalthugh out of that list piquets feats seem the most impressive as his car was not always thebest

Yes the RBR is in a league of its own and vettel has won thanks to it. But shifting the bar for him makes no sense.
    I don't think he is as good a driver as kimi, alonso and hamilton for sure. and his greatness will have an asterik next to it based on the sheer dominance of the RBR.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    that really not a sound argument

pretty much every F1 great has won in dominant cars
    with only 3 (greats that is) havign won their titles with 2 different manufacturers
    Schumi and prost, and Piquet
    aalthugh out of that list piquets feats seem the most impressive as his car was not always thebest
    Except for his Mercedes title, most of Fangio's titles were in non-dominant cars.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Yes the RBR is in a league of its own and vettel has won thanks to it. But shifting the bar for him makes no sense.
    I don't think he is as good a driver as kimi, alonso and hamilton for sure. and his greatness will have an asterik next to it based on the sheer dominance of the RBR.
    That's your opinion, but you have no facts to back it up. If the RB is in a league of his own, Webber must be the most useless chauffeur to disgrace F1 since Jean-Deniz Deletraz if his finishes compared to Vettel are any indication. Comparing drivers, who drive for different teams is a futile exercise to begin with. We can probably agree that Alonso and Kimi are top-notch drivers, but saying that they're head and shoulders above Vettel is devoid of fact. If you take this season - at times the Ferrari and the Merc were better than RB (Hungary, Barcelona), yet he still leads the championship and hasn't finished any lower than 4th. Saying that's the work of the car alone is ridiculous and makes you look like an idiot.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    On the subject of Hamilton v Rosberg I will say I think it's odd that Rosberg is supposedly beating Lewis seeing he is 8-3 down in qualifying and 43pts behind.

Though statistics can be misleading - just ask Michael Schumacher last year, who in the final 12 races beat Rosberg 47pts - 26pts, and this despite his "batteries being worn down towards the end" (i.e. getting tired of it all due to age).
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Except for his Mercedes title, most of Fangio's titles were in non-dominant cars.

That's your opinion, but you have no facts to back it up. If the RB is in a league of his own, Webber must be the most useless chauffeur to disgrace F1 since Jean-Deniz Deletraz if his finishes compared to Vettel are any indication. Comparing drivers, who drive for different teams is a futile exercise to begin with. We can probably agree that Alonso and Kimi are top-notch drivers, but saying that they're head and shoulders above Vettel is devoid of fact. If you take this season - at times the Ferrari and the Merc were better than RB (Hungary, Barcelona), yet he still leads the championship and hasn't finished any lower than 4th. Saying that's the work of the car alone is ridiculous and makes you look like an idiot.
    Defending Vettel as superior seems pointless as well. What other top notch drivers has Vettel beaten in equal cars? We know Alonso has bettered several good drivers in equal cars, and that Lewis bettered him when at McLaren. Kimi was 50/50 at Ferrari but otherwise has done very well at both McLaren against their drivers and now at Lotus. Who of a high caliber has Vettel ever faced on equal terms..... Webber?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    That's of course entirely a personal opinion.
    It sure is but one held by a lot of people. It's also one that Vettel is going to have to rebuke if he is every to truly be regarded as an all time great because he can keep winning championships in the best car if he wants and never be regarded as a great.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Oh please. If Vettel's one mistake from one year ago makes still makes you lose sleep, then maybe you should take some anger management lessons.
    Maybe I do already take anger management lessons!!! You'd never know. I guarantee you though it doesn't make me lose sleep but the penalty was completely unfair. Anyway been over this many times on this forum so not going into it again.