Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Lewis isn't doing too badly even with the bad luck at Silverstone. Nico has two victories and Lewis was unfortunate not to get his first at the weekend, but is still ahead of his team mate on points. It's clear Lewis is getting more comfortable with the car and put in an inspiration recovery drive at his home GP. Some may like to mock his misfortune, but its clear he is not far off hitting the sweet spot and should be proud of his progress so far IMO.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am seeing Hamilton as a winner of this Battle. In fact, He will push for Championship I hope.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Lewis isn't doing too badly even with the bad luck at Silverstone. Nico has two victories and Lewis was unfortunate not to get his first at the weekend, but is still ahead of his team mate on points. It's clear Lewis is getting more comfortable with the car and put in an inspiration recovery drive at his home GP. Some may like to mock his misfortune, but its clear he is not far off hitting the sweet spot and should be proud of his progress so far IMO.
    That drive from 21st at one point back to 4th was amazing.

One of the drives of the season so far. Shame it wasn't 3rd as I think it would have got the sort of coverage it deserved.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to the Nurburgring. I think it is a track that will suit the Mercedes. I honestly believe that Lewis can get his first win of the year this weekend. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens now that Mercedes finally appear to be getting on top of their tire issues. Plus the modifications Pirelli are making will help them as well I feel. It's going to be an interesting weekend. If Mercedes can make it through this event unscathed then I think we've seen on two different kinds of tracks they are strong. Looking forward to it as I think Hammy deserves title number 2 given all that happened last year and the magnitude of McLaren mess ups.

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    That drive from 21st at one point back to 4th was amazing.

One of the drives of the season so far. Shame it wasn't 3rd as I think it would have got the sort of coverage it deserved.
    To be fair he did benefit from one safety car but, unlike Seb in AD last year, he only benefited once lol

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    To be fair he did benefit from one safety car but, unlike Seb in AD last year, he only benefited once lol
    True but I feel he was due some good luck after the appalling luck that took him out of the lead. Quite a few drivers up and down the field benefited from the SC be it with closing gaps or giving them pit stop windows under a slowing field of cars.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I am counting on Mercedes to keep the championship alive. It seems like Mercedes cars have good qualifying and race pace. Half of season is still ahead of us. Of course, it's hard to predict if Mercedes will continue at the same pace considering that soon everyone will be using new spec tires.

It's probably too early to draw conclusions on Rosberg vs Hamilton battle. I think Rosberg is much better than how most people regarded him before 2013 started. At the same time, I don't see a big evidence that Rosberg is leading this battle. Hamilton is leading in points and he would had more if it wasn't for the incident at Silverstone last week.

True but I feel he was due some good luck after the appalling luck that took him out of the lead. Quite a few drivers up and down the field benefited from the SC be it with closing gaps or giving them pit stop windows under a slowing field of cars.
    I'm actually stumped by how unlucky in general Hamilton has been over the past year and a half. Is there any other driver on the grid that has had the misfortune he has received?

Maybe now that he's finally broken up with that eejit Nicole his luck will begin to change for the better. She played a big part in his 2011 slump.

Great news for Mercedes. Ross Brawn is officially now staying put in 2014. I think this is good. They need stability to perform well in the long term and there is no better man to do it than Ross.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Great news for Mercedes. Ross Brawn is officially now staying put in 2014. I think this is good. They need stability to perform well in the long term and there is no better man to do it than Ross.
    I think Honda are quite keen to recruit him......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.